SASS Wire Forum

Am I being Politically Correct?

My boss has asked that I prepare a Presentation listing the key benefits of a plan using bullet points.

Having heard this terminology in the past, I wanted to make sure that I was understanding what he was requesting.

512131340_BulletPointDefinition.png.231f41097f3f495aaf7c6e0d319fd0be.png

Using this knowledge, I submitted the following to my boss.

With the implementation of this new directive, the following will be accomplished:

image.png.b7988c1e8200748f246075a42bf2be73.pngAn increased revenue stream will be realized;

image.png.b7988c1e8200748f246075a42bf2be73.pngAccess to all facilities will be streamlined;

image.png.b7988c1e8200748f246075a42bf2be73.pngAny permit fees will be automatically waived;

image.png.b7988c1e8200748f246075a42bf2be73.pngAlcoholic beverages will be permitted during business hours.

I've been known to explore the options in the wingding font for use as bulletpoints in presentations.  An appropriate selection of pullet points can make your point , or at least how you feel about it, quite clear. 

image.png.032a751477b0779fb5ba03dbbca68646.png

Of course I've been asked not to do it anymore... a couple of times.  Funny thing is that I seem to outlast all of the upper management, my bosses and the HR people... so as there are new people around, out come the fun bulletpoints!

I was one of 30 students in a training program.  One segment was learning to make Power Point presentations.  Final exam included making a PP speech to the class.  One fellow positioned himself in front of a cross on the screen behind him, raising his arms like he had been crucified,  while giving the instructor a devastating critique of the class.

I admired his bravery and technical expertise.

He did not get a good grade.

Hope you enjoy retirement.

B)

Unfortunately, somebody will probably complain.

My original submission, which I considered as not PC was:

With the implementation of this new directive, the following will be accomplished:

38 Caliber .357 Diameter 135 Grain Gold Dot Hollow Point Short ...An increased revenue stream will be realized;

38 Caliber .357 Diameter 135 Grain Gold Dot Hollow Point Short ...Access to all facilities will be streamlined;

38 Caliber .357 Diameter 135 Grain Gold Dot Hollow Point Short ...Any permit fees will be automatically waived;

38 Caliber .357 Diameter 135 Grain Gold Dot Hollow Point Short ...Alcoholic beverages will be permitted during business hours.

You can’t use those for bullet points.  They’re blunt.

You can call those bullet points if you wish.

If you call them bullet heads, however, I shall be forced to reach through the screen and punish you with pummeling blows about the head and shoulders.

Archived