SASS Wire Forum

Yet more 44-40 issues

Bootless Bob

Sometimes you'll see sellers with a gun and they'll say they themselves have never fired the gun since they bought it. Could be true. But it can also be a way to help get rid of a gun that they know has a problem.  How was this gun described by the seller?  

There are some small issues with guns that others with a more discerning eye and knowlege may notice that I  could miss upon inspection. But this one is pretty bad.

17 minutes ago, Savvy Jack said:

I hate the fact that the seller of this crap can't be called out on the wire. too bad! Until folks are held accountable, it won't stop!

I agree with your sentiment, however, it's always Caveat Emptor.  I'm not defending the seller (don't know who it is)  and I'm not criticizing the buyer, but an inspection by an experienced shooter/gun smith most likely would have brought the issues to light.  I don't know what SASS can do about it since they only provide the platform, other than banning a seller who has repeated complaints from buyers.  Sorry that this happened, in any event.

A Fool With a Tool !!!

I seldom use a power Rotary tool for smithing Guns .... And then mostly for polishing, even then skill and control are the Key, this is Not a tool to be used by the beginner or Ham handed ...

Files are Your friend !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Okay all, please don't assume the seller did this or had knowledge of it.  It is unknown for sure who is to blame.  I have assurance from the seller that he did not.  I would like to leave it a that.  This matter is closed. 

Archived