SASS Wire Forum

Cedar Gnats/No Seeums

I was on a field trip yesterday and we were out in the Junipers. The bugs were terrible, especially the cedar gnats. I used bug juice, but it was from another person, so I don't know how much Deet was in it.

For those of you that might be shooting the Revenge in Montrose, bring you bug juice, the highest amount of deet you can get. I have not bee4n to the range, but pictures show there are junipers.305120937_Cedargnats002.thumb.JPG.c01adc1fafa895c5813be3f975465854.JPG

My property is full of Junipers but the bugs have never been bad for some reason.

Therma Cell 

You might try one of these.  I've found it to work great for keeping the skeeters away during fishing and on deer stand.  Should work great for Punkees as well.  

Also, pop some garlic tablets for a few days before the match.  Seriously!  You won't have any problems with Vampires either.

We use a fogger before and during our spring matches, otherwise the mossies and black flies will drag you off into the bushes and eat you.

In fact, if you swat one of our mossies, they make a loud "CRUNCH!" 

And that's just their ankles breaking!

Trust me. I'm a Liberal. I'd never lie to you!I

8 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

*snip*
..." if you swat one of our mossies, they make a loud "CRUNCH!" 

And that's just their ankles breaking!" ...

Dear God, that brings back memories!
Sounds like Southeast Ohio deerflies in early summer!

Apple cider vinegar with mother.  I put a glug in with my wash.  I put a teaspoon on damp cloth when I shower.  I drink a shot of it in a glass of water every morning.  Good for what ails you and keeps bugs away.

Archived