SASS Wire Forum

Anybody from Washington state?

Raylan

2 minutes ago, Raylan said:

What's going on there? I thought Chicago and Illinois were crazy, (well they are just in a different vein). 

https://www.city-journal.org/antifa-seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone

It's SEATTLE...need anyone say more?

(read the article, the CITY surrendered the territory)
The "occupying forces" were begging for food early this morning.
https://www.rt.com/usa/491474-seattle-anarchists-commune-problems/

I loved Seattle in the brief time I lived there.  Sorry to see this happen, but unless the people band together to recall the city (and maybe the county) governments and re-establish some control it going to get worse and spread.

Pull the plug on the press, too.  Refuse to cooperate or talk to them.

And when the time comes...and it will come...shoot to kill.

The Capitol Hill neighborhood is so far left that even progressive liberals fear to tread. A long time ago a guy I knew made the mistake of parking his pickup truck there for a few hours. Problem was he had an NRA sticker on it, and when he returned all the windows had been smashed out of it and the tires slashed. And that was long before Antifa even existed.

I guess the Capitol Hill residents could call the police.

Cat Brules

There’s a reason I take a ferry around Seattle instead of driving through it...

I am convinced that all the producers and businesses will be gone or in Bellevue soon, leaving behind only the homeless and free loaders....

It is a little different across Lake Washington the farther away you get.  Had many armed citizens standing in front of business locations during protests.  This was a local gun store down the road from me.  It had a 24 hour "private security detail".  The local Pot Shop probably had the best security in town. 

Surround the area.  Cut off electricity and water.  Nothing allowed to go in, no EMTs, no pizzas, nuthin’.  If they start a fire let it burn. They just created their own prison.  

They will be eating each other within days.

Lived there in the 70's and early 80's, then 30 miles east of there until 5 years ago.  Finally moved 100+ miles west of there, out

in one of the more conservative counties on the peninsula. 

Seattle was turning into an open sewer 20 years ago, and has been on a downward spiral beeline since.  They went from liberal

utopia to animal farm in 48 hours just now, and the Governor, when asked about it declared that he hadn't heard about this event.

I'm a firm believer that people get the Government they deserve, they voted for this, and they should get it, hard deep and often.

What will be most informative is how they vote this November.

Some folks never learn, we'll just have to see.

Shadow Catcher

P.S> I should add, we had bus loads of protestors come visit recently and they were very respectful and non-violent, just concerned

(albeit misinformed) people wanting to virtue signal.  Harmless vegans . . . .

13 hours ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

It's SEATTLE...need anyone say more?

(read the article, the CITY surrendered the territory)
The "occupying forces" were begging for food early this morning.
https://www.rt.com/usa/491474-seattle-anarchists-commune-problems/

So much for their understanding of siege warfare. :P

5 hours ago, ShadowCatcher said:

Lived there in the 70's and early 80's, then 30 miles east of there until 5 years ago.  Finally moved 100+ miles west of there, out in one of the more conservative counties on the peninsula. 

Seattle was turning into an open sewer 20 years ago, and has been on a downward spiral beeline since.  They went from liberal utopia to animal farm in 48 hours just now, and the Governor, when asked about it declared that he hadn't heard about this event.

That has to be one of the best and most descriptive statements I've read since this whole debacle started.

Well done, Shadow!  I'll be using that!

this sure beat having 70 cars stolen 

they blamed Seattle Stupid on all people coming up from California  

but they seem homegrown now 

As a resident of south Seattle (Burien, for those who know the area), and working on the Duamish river (just inside the city limits) - All I can says is if I weren't watching the news, I wouldn't know anything was going on.  As far as I know, this doesn't extend past the 6 block area, and definitely doesn't extend to where I am.  

Of course I normally avoid the downtown (and uptown) area anyway; homelessness has gotten completely out of control, prices are ridiculous, and they're so anti-car it isn't even funny.

In the 90's I used to go downtown for walks (for excercise), the city was beautiful and had been cleaned up (wasn't so sharp in the 80's).  There are a lot of beautiful neighborhoods.

We have since relinquished the city to the homeless, which has been completely out of control here for 8-10 years.  Garbage everywhere, tents under every overpass, panhandlers - and I mean YOUNG GUYS, pre 30's, on every damn freeway off ramp and stop light....

And every election that goes less than 85% democrat is considered a big republican victory.  Normally it's a run off between a ultra-leftist and a straight up communist.

I'm in transportation, work near the West Seattle Bridge (that has closed due to stress cracks, causing traffic problems); I'm on a monthly conference call with the Seattle DOT to hear their updates, and I'm here to tell you their biggest concern is BICYCLE RIDERS (well, to be fair, emergency responders are #1.  Bikes are #2)

It's my home and I'm not leavin' - but it's getting to where I don't recognize this as the place I was born any more.

On 6/11/2020 at 4:59 AM, Arkie Lee said:

I've siad this eleswhere BUT - when I read this part of the tweet...

Antifa activists created a six-block barricade in Capitol Hill and declared themselves independent

...and then I look at that picture - I cant help but wonder - why is the first thing they did to declare autonomy was to build a wall ???

Then I think to myself, what a wonderful world.....................................................................

Questions: Are they're normal people living there in apartments? How about businesses? Where do they poop and pee? 

The mayor is a whacko, she was on the news saying as long as they don't riot and loot and burn they're okay practicing their first amendment rights! 

Just now, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Questions: Are they're normal people living there in apartments? How about businesses? Where do they poop and pee? 

The mayor is a whacko, she was on the news saying as long as they don't riot and loot and burn they're okay practicing their first amendment rights! 

The Police chief was on TV this morning and she sounds like a bigger idiot than the mayor

Someone needs to point out to these people that, historically, when a revolution had been successful the first people to go afterwards are the revolutionaries.  The new government doesn't want trouble-makers around.  It hasn't always been the case but it is often enough for them to rethink what they're doing. 

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Someone needs to point out to these people that, historically, when a revolution had been successful the first people to go afterwards are the revolutionaries...

This is the demographic that SO loves their Che Guevara t-shirts - maybe they should read up on how Castro treated him and where he ended up.

First thing they did was put up a wall, fence etc. I thought they wanted all immigrants to enter? They also have some armed dudes at the barricades. I predict someone is going to get shot and all hell is going to break loose! This is not going to end well.

I hope I'm wrong!:mellow:

4 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

The Police chief was on TV this morning and she sounds like a bigger idiot than the mayor

They must've gotten to her.  I heard her a couple of days ago and she threw the mayor and governor under the bus.   :lol:

Or perhaps a couple of days ago she'd had an out-of-character moment...   :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

They must've gotten to her.  I heard her a couple of days ago and she threw the mayor and governor under the bus.   :lol:

Or perhaps a couple of days ago she'd had an out-of-character moment...   :rolleyes:

She has been talking out of both sides of her mouth.  She lost support of the majority of the rank and file officers and the Police Union.  Her job depends on the politicians that appointed her.  The Seattle controlled King County Government bureaucracy  now wants to change the County Sherriff from to a elected position to appointed.

Archived