SASS Wire Forum

Brass Primer Magazine Tube Ends For Dillon 550

I am looking for reviews and I admit I am a gimmick freak.  I just received information for Brass Primer Magazine Tube End replacements for the Dillon 550 (replaces parts Flexible Orifice Large (#14003) and Flexible Orifice Small (#14024) )   I also know that Dillon replaces the parts for free.   I thank you for any review information.   Driftwood Dan  Brass Primer Magazine Tube Ends

$24.95 seems steep.    C&H used to make brass primer tubes but after so many flexes they would weaken and sometimes break      GW

Pardon, please,  Was thinking they were for primer pickup tubes,  seems they are for the tube mounted on machine.  Still pricey

Those will cause you to crap you pants some day guaranteed. Why you ask? Well some day a primer will fail to drop completely into the primer cup and when you operate the lever you'll crush it and it'll go bang along with all the primers still in the tube.

That is why the tip of the primer tube on a Dillon is made of plastic. It gives so the primer will not get crushed. 

HMMM, do I get some free plastic ends from Dillon when my 18 year old ones wear out, or do I pay 25.00 for brass ones that I will never see again once installed?

1 minute ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

How will they keep the primers from falling out?

To me-it's an answer to a question that has yet to be asked. 

OLG 

The plastic tips on the feed tube do not keep the primers in the tube. As the primer cup moves under the tube, it pushes a small spring loaded plunger out of the way and a primer falls into the cup. As the stroke reverses the plastic plunger moves back into place below the tube keeping the primers in the tube. 

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The plastic tips on the feed tube do not keep the primers in the tube. As the primer cup moves under the tube, it pushes a small spring loaded plunger out of the way and a primer falls into the cup. As the stroke reverses the plastic plunger moves back into place below the tube keeping the primers in the tube. 

The clamping of the OEM Dillon part keeps the primer in place inside the feed tube.

OLG 

7 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The clamping of the OEM Dillon part keeps the primer in place inside the feed tube.

OLG 

Fill the tube up and then unscrew the cap and try to remove it from the primer assembly and see what happens. 

I see an expensive solution in search of a problem.  I run TWO Dillon 650s.  One for LARGE primers and one for SMALL primers.  The primer feed tube ends for my 650s have always been brass.  If Dillon replaces worn feed tube ends for different machines, maybe after 18 years of use, for FREE, seems Oxeye  Moron to dump money on something you get for free.

Lump Lump, you are confused.  Your describing the primer pickup tube ends.  Not the primer FEED tube.  Feed tube has a cylinder bore.  No choke.

That's the way mine works.

18 minutes ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Sounds like we have different opinions of what these are.

I thought they were for the inner primer magazine tube.

They are.

People are confusing them with the parts of primer pick up tubes.

They are not for use on either the 650 or 1050. The primer feed system on those works in an entirely different manor than the primer feed does on a 550 or SDB. I have never seen a 750 so I don't know how its primer feed is designed.

Archived