I’m done.

Utah Bob #35998

Done with threads about the shutdown.

Done with threads about masks.

Done with threads about protests.

Done with threads about politics.

Done with threads about racism.

Done with threads about police.

Done with threads about how the country is going to hell in a hand basket.

Getting so there’s not much else it seems
Life’s too short. I’ll follow my own drummer.

I’m not sure how mobile you and your sweetheart are, but about two hours from Charlotte are some of the prettiest mountains and waterfalls you’ll lay eyes on. 

https://explorebrevard.com/top-10-waterfalls/

Did I mention there’s not much cell coverage in the area?

My wife and I are heading there for a day trip this weekend, for many of the reasons you outlined. 

9 minutes ago, Charlie Harley, #14153 said:

I’m not sure how mobile you and your sweetheart are, but about two hours from Charlotte are some of the prettiest mountains and waterfalls you’ll lay eyes on. 

https://explorebrevard.com/top-10-waterfalls/

Did I mention there’s not much cell coverage in the area?

My wife and I are heading there for a day trip this weekend, for many of the reasons you outlined. 

My kids(me too for that matter) have a blast at sliding rock!

59 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same way.

I hear about this stuff all day at work. I don't need it in  my off time...

By the way UB. Just up the highway is  Concord Mills mall in Concord NC (Home of  the Charlotte Motor Speedway) Your Lady might like to visit the mall. The Speedway is across the interstate. They may have something going on there.

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/

Concord Mills: It is open.

https://www.simon.com/mall/concord-mills

I quit the news about 5 years ago for the most part.  Don’t do TV news or talk radio at all, very limited print/internet (read headlines on Drudge every couple of days).  Will actually read whole articles about local stuff.  WAY happier, and still dont miss much.  I recommend it.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Man, I hope you don't have a fork stuck in ya for every one of those!

5 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

By the way UB. Just up the highway is  Concord Mills mall in Concord NC (Home of  the Charlotte Motor Speedway) Your Lady might like to visit the mall. The Speedway is across the interstate. They may have something going on there.

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/

Concord Mills: It is open.

https://www.simon.com/mall/concord-mills

My wife hates malls.Thank goodness! :D

I'm with you!  Lets talk about anything cowboy!  Big rodeo right now in Woodward OK, 2 weeks till Prescott AZ Worlds Oldest Rodeo and we recently did a pack trip into the forest in eastern AZ.  We had no cellular service, slept out beneath the stars, drank our coffee black and had bacon and eggs in the early morning.    We talked about horses, guns, history and created memories.  We also threatened to deal with any one who spoke of taboo topics that are making people crazy.  God Bless Society Distancing!

Sept 9 024 (3).jpg

Everyone may be sick and tired of hearing about all this, and reading threads about all this....BUT....come November, all of us, plus our family, and friends, and anybody else that hunts, target shoots, plinks, does C.A.S., or collects firearms, better get out and VOTE....or we are in for some really tough times, as far as our sport goes. if you eat, you are involved in at least two things....agriculture, and politics.  So get everyone you can think of, and go vote, this year of all years.  

Voting is a small step, doesn't require much effort...but it can, and does, have huge implications to what we care about. 

W.K. 

13 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My wife hates malls.Thank goodness! :D

My wife hates to shop too (unless it's a tourist trap). Good thing, bad thing, I do nearly all our day to day shopping.

JHC

2 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

My wife hates to shop too (unless it's a tourist trap). Good thing, bad thing, I do nearly all our day to day shopping.

JHC

Me too. I do all the cooking also. She’s a wiz at handling the finances. We have two cars, a truck, a tractor, atVv, house, and 40 acres.
All paid off! :D:wub:

39 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Me too. I do all the cooking also. She’s a wiz at handling the finances. We have two cars, a truck, a tractor, atVv, house, and 40 acres.

Our house and vehicles are paid off too. Thank you Lord!

JHC

56 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Seems a lot of military spouses attained skills handling the family finances.  Mine did.  We're all paid off too!

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Seems a lot of military spouses attained skills handling the family finances.  Mine did.  We're all paid off too!

We learned from our Depression-era parents.  

Retirement home is paid off and waiting for us to move in full time.

Cars are paid off.

Jr.'s college is paid for.

No credit card or other debt.

Not bragging.  It's just a matter of doing without unnecessary expenditures, watching your credit spending, and planning ahead to stay within your means when retired.

Even with all of that, it's a bit of a shocker, after years of having the ability to buy stuff on credit, when you need to realize that you do not have 10 or 20 years of earning in front of you to cover the cost of a car or boat or a home addition.

LL

LL

37 years ago my wife heard me say that I’d never balanced my checkbook.  She’s handled the finances record keeping ever since and does a great job.  So my record still stands:) 

Seamus

Hijack alert!!

Now I’m done with my own thread. :unsure::blink:;)

12 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Hijack alert!!

Now I’m done with my own thread. :unsure::blink:;)

My apologies. I just looked at your list again, and saw politics on it. And I went there. My bad!

To make up for it, I offer this:

02-cat-memes-1024x701.jpg

Archived