SASS Wire Forum

WTB Magtech Brass SG Hulls

Are Magtech Brass  shells hedstamped CBC? I have 23 unused brass 12 Gage cases marked CBC from an estate sale. They are available    .

Yes mag tech brass or head stamp CBC.

1 hour ago, Ramblin Ron, SASS #79381 said:

Are Magtech Brass  shells hedstamped CBC? I have 23 unused brass 12 Gage cases marked CBC from an estate sale. They are available    .

RR - Please message me on what you want for them.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Marshal Eli Taylor said:

Have you tried Midway?  That is where I got mine.  

Sure did, Midway, Brownell's, BPI, just about everyone that I can think of and everyone is out of stock.

13 hours ago, John Kloehr said:

Not MagTech, but did find these:

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/PartDetail.aspx/139/1/SHOT-SHELL-12-2-58

$6.99 each. I'll have to wait a while before buying a hundred of those, but I was able to put that many in my cart.

Thanks, I saw them, but they must be solid gold.  Magtec = $25.00 per box of 25; Track of the Wolf = $174.75 for 25.  Think I'll hold out for Magteks.

Track of the wolf  brass is no better than magtech.They both use large pistol primers.Just my 2 cent.If the used shot shell primers then maybe.I have 7 boxes of magtech and two boxes that use shotshell primers.I like the ones that use shotshell primers better but I worked up a load that works with the magtech with smokeless powder so I am happy with the magtech hulls.I prime the magtech on my  shotshell loader with  tools that we made.

4 minutes ago, Pit Bull Tex said:

Track of the wolf  brass is no better than magtech.They both use large pistol primers.Just my 2 cent.If the used shot shell primers then maybe.I have 7 boxes of magtech and two boxes that use shotshell primers.I like the ones that use shotshell primers better but I worked up a load that works with the magtech with smokeless powder so I am happy with the magtech hulls.I prime the magtech on my  shotshell load with  tools that we made.

I worried about the same thing with the large primers but I haven't found any problems so far.  Where did you find ones that use shotshell primers?

Just a side note.I checked the flash hole in new magtech hulls, they were not the same size.I when though all the hulls and found that about 1/3 of the hole were 1/16" and the rest were smaller so I drilled out the rest.It may not have mattered but that is just me.

I got the two boxes from Dawg here on the wire.I also got some tools from the Dawg that I use for the magtech also.

Just now, Pit Bull Tex said:

Just a side note.I checked the flash hole in new magtech hulls, they were not the same size.I when though all the hulls and found that about 1/3 of the hole were 1/16" and the rest were smaller so I drilled out the rest.It may not have mattered but that is just me.

I de-prime by hand using a 1/16" punch so I know every one is the right size 

When I started shooting brass shells about 20 years ago the Magtechs were not out yet.  So it was mostly finding Rem-UMC or Winchester shells a few at a time on ebay.  Prices varied a lot.  I told myself I would not pay over $2 each and passed on some.  Ended up with a fair number which I shoot now along with Alcans which are thicker (but use odd 57-style primers).   Recently I looked again on ebay for grins.  Found a few for $10 each.  Yikes!   But I do have a sealed box of 25 Rem-UMC hulls I talked a pard out of years ago.  I'm guessing they are worth something!

Archived