SASS Wire Forum

Get ready - here it comes. And it ain't gonna be good.

Remember Tom Arnold?  A semi-talented comedian given his start by Roseann Barr.

Well... Tom has spoken:

Tom Arnold suggests people exercise Second Amendment rights against unmarked police in Washington D.C.

“2nd Amendment is for everyone including black men with long guns but it's ------- time for us white liberal men to stand up for our brothers & sisters. Borrow our dad's hunting rifles & go nose to nose with Trump’s gang of misfit tools. Let's do it...”

Unbelievable.  This jackass is publicly advocating taking up arms against police.  

I've read, heard, and seen some pretty outrageous stuff from the Hollywood bunch over the years, but this tops 'em all.  Outrageous and disgusting*.

*It's okay to be disgusted... but we aren't allowed to show anger.  Don't forget!  

Well, they don’t have the cajones. If they had cajones dirtbags like him would be writing from Canada or Britain or wherever because that’s where they would have gone when Trump got elected. 

Kind of ironic that this misfit, who has long advocated for gun control, now wants his followers (whoever that may be) to take up arms in open rebellion against the government....well, at least he now has an understanding of the true purpose of the 2nd Amendment,.  Too bad his sudden conversion will only last as long as it takes for another "crisis" to arise and deflect his attention......"Squirrel!!!"

LL

2 minutes ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Kind of ironic that this misfit, who has long advocated for gun control, now wants his followers (whoever that may be) to take up arms in open rebellion against the government....well, at least he now has an understanding of the true purpose of the 2nd Amendment,.  Too bad his sudden conversion will only last as long as it takes for another "crisis" to arise and deflect his attention......"Squirrel!!!"

LL

Har!  Just this morning I discussed with my son using "Squirrel!" when encountering protesters.  ^_^

Ya know... it seems to me that there was a time when such statements would have earned one a visit from some very serious-minded gentlemen in suits.  <_<

I guess the fool has never considered the likely outcome of pointing a firearm at a body of police.

That would not end well.  That outcome could be pretty bad, on many levels.  

I'll betcha a buck to a donut that Mr. Arnold WILL NOT be at the head of the crowd carrying his dads hunting rifle..... ;)

Dare say he'll take aim at anyone else that may be armed.

..........Widder

Tom Arnold’s a whack job

56 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Har!  Just this morning I discussed with my son using "Squirrel!" when encountering protesters.  ^_^

Ya know... it seems to me that there was a time when such statements would have earned one a visit from some very serious-minded gentlemen in suits.  <_<

MEN.IN.BLACK?

Arnold met comedian Roseanne Barr when she saw his act in 1983. Their relationship was complicated by his alcoholism and drug addiction, but eventually he became sober. ...

Or maybe not

Notice the mindless moron has to “borrow Dad’s hunting rifle”? I wonder if idiot boy realizes he’s old enough to buy his own and since he probably still lives in California he should know the morons he supports in political office made it illegal to loan or borrow guns. 

The dude is a loser with a big mouth. Hopefully one day he’ll get it shut for him. 

5 hours ago, Bart Slade said:

Unfortunately he's a comedian, so he's got an "out".  He'll portray this as a poorly executed joke, ingenuously apologize, and then all will be forgotten.

That is SOP for that side of the aisle.  Call for violence, get called on it, then elbow you in the ribs as hard as they can and intone, "That's a JOKE, son!  You're supposed to laugh!"

Mr. Arnold is typical of a class of people who, when pushed to emotional overload, will stand upon a soapbox and proclaim that everyone should stand up and take some tough, no-nonsense overt action to rectify said issue. Then, when the fecal matter impacts the oscillating air circulation device, he is nowhere to be found.

Two quotes come to mind:

"The United States has become a place where actors and athletes are mistaken for people of importance."
--Robert Heinlein, 1987

"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child — miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats."
--P.J. O'Rourke

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I guess the fool has never considered the likely outcome of pointing a firearm at a body of police.

That would not end well.  That outcome could be pretty bad, on many levels.  

you don’t actually expect that moron, Arnold to take a rifle and go out and do anything, do you?  Guys like him never act on their own rhetoric.  He will churn up anger and others will go out and die while he kicks back, has a couple of beers, and watches the game.  Loser.

Cat Brules

11 hours ago, MizPete said:

I'm still wondering why anybody thinks a "celebrity" is an expert on much of anything.

They should just shut up and do whatever it is they do to entertain us! They get a pile of money and somehow they become experts!:angry:

Whatever "he" said wouldn't even be in discussion without the "media" publishing it ... stiring the pot ... 

Same goes for the protesters ... You see all the staged performances in front of cameras/phones when you watch crowd videos on TV.

Like the 75 year old who was shoved ... A perfectly positioned video finally appeared ...  

I didn't know why you thought "Trump’s gang of misfit tools" was referring to police instead of just Trump supporters, so I followed the link. Apparently there were people there in uniform but with no markings or anything to indicate they were actually police. If you don't identify yourself as police then why would you expect anybody to think you have any authority? This is something everybody here should have a problem with.

I looked into it further and they also refused to answer reporter's questions about which agency they worked for. I saw other pictures of police with names taped over to prevent doxxing, and I think that's a good idea, but they should at least still be showing a badge or something or else they're just another person who can't tell anybody what to do.

Perhaps some of "those" backward dictatorships aren't really so "backward" when it comes to "the media".

FCC rules for media ownership are important ... Taking no social responsibility and simply using the excuse "we just report the news" isn't the right answer.

We can't keep doing this over and over again ... can we??

Here's one ... almost 100 yrs to the day ...

"Tulsa Police Department’s chief of detectives said the news story was largely responsible for inciting whites to become aggressive". :mellow:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/tulsa-race-massacre-this-is-what-happened-in-tulsa-in-1921/collection_3763032b-1ecb-5203-b256-2ba1c370f6af.html#1

Archived