SASS Wire Forum

The vulgar four-letter term for feces.

Alpo

18 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I must reluctantly admit this was my primary kitchen expletive back in the day.  Unfortunately, I have replaced it with an equally offensive alternative.

I proudly and almost gleefully admit that my language in the shop is NOT for the weak kneed or the easily offended!!  In part, it keeps people who don't think like me away and it allows me to instantly vent any frustrations I might have!!

I use the language I feel is appropriate for the situation and NEVER just for shock value!!  The slang words save time and breath and usually eliminate ANY doubt as to how I think or feel!!

You all are speaking about censorship of "profane" words. But I wager that this same group would complain about Facebook deleting their posts. Which is censorship. Another way to look at it, if you don't like whats written.....don't read it. You have a choice.

1 hour ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

You all are speaking about censorship of "profane" words. But I wager that this same group would complain about Facebook deleting their posts. Which is censorship. Another way to look at it, if you don't like whats written.....don't read it. You have a choice.

Still another way to look at it, if you choose to violate the forum guidelines, expect appropriate action by the Moderators.
THINK about that before hitting
"Submit Reply".

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I use the language I feel is appropriate for the situation

I find mine to be largely involuntary.

I swear  a lot but only with the company of others that take no offence..definitely not in front of ladies or people I don't know.

Of course there are occasions where some just deserve a plain ole' mouthful.

Personally I see no problem with those that want to change the word around a bit on the wire to still get the meaning across.

Always know your audience.

It's darn hard to be on here 24/7 x 365.  That's why we depend on y'all.  In the upper right of every post is a link that says "Report post".   If something is offensive, report it.  That sends up a little Red Flag about that post and we'll review it, and take the appropriate action, if need be.

Like "they" say; "If you see something, say something".

Yup. I wondered what this thread would be about, as I couldn’t think of any vulgar 4 letter words for fences. And I just got new glasses! :-)

If you REALLY want to be offended, try sitting in the video control booth, during a hockey game, near the techies who are charged with selecting the play the talking heads will be discussing at the next break.

Not to e contrary, but I use Anglo Saxon words frequently as I believe that they are much more descriptive and if used properly convey meanings more clearly.  Using the word S**T is much more meaningful than feces or merde, same with the F-word,  better than conjugate or baiser.  In writing I can't imagine a 45 YO Marine Sargent saying "#2 or Poo-poo - can you?  Why do we have an aversion to speaking our native tongue?  A flock of Normans told us they disapproved of our tongue.  And why is it that Latin is much more acceptable - really - when is the last time you met a Roman?  Seriously.  So, if Anglo Saxon is crude, rude, vulgar, common, switch to a foreign equivalent and suddenly you are OK.  That is a load of S...bull roar.

STL Suomi

Archived