SASS Wire Forum

Taurus Warranty Service Rant - Continued

I bought a new Taurus Spectrum in January; fired 9 rounds, total jamomatic. Sent back to Taurus for warranty repair. They received it on 1/29/20. Checked repair status on 3/3/20, was told it would take 12 weeks to review it. Called them today 6/9/20. Was told they have not looked at it yet and have no idea when they will get to it. Four and 1/2 months and no action. Be forewarned that Taurus warranty service is beyond horrible. They give a new meaning to the word incompetent.

I first heard these horror stories, about Taurus products warranty service, when I was about to purchase one.

If you think your service is bad, you should hear some of the tales here in Canada!!

By Wife's first 92 was a Rossi. had to send it back because the cartridge guides were so screwed up that it wouldn't feed rounds period.  1 year later we received a new rifle.

They take good care of their big retailers. The individual, not so much.

When I was managing the gun room for Sportsman's Warehouse 8-10 years ago, I sent a LOT of Taurus revolvers back for warranty service, but the autos seemed to work just fine - I can only remember sending two autos back. Generally, I would get the gun back in a month or less.

Archived