SASS Wire Forum

Arizona Dems Tell Gun Owners To Submit Or Surrender

Charlie T Waite

safe_image.php?d=AQCdP08tZ_TSQLcG&w=540&

Lets see...

First, can this possibly pass or is this another "symbolic" bill? I don't know Arizona that well.

Then, an unlawful taking without compensation...

A gun registry for a commonly owned rifle? 14th should bind states to the COTUS. The states did sign up for that.

Direct 2nd challenge, commonly owned rifle.

Total prohibition for use in hunting? A prohibition not based on caliber but on platform? A direct challenge under the 2nd requiring the state to show narrow (strict scrutiny) tailoring to a legitimate public interest. I predict "not found."

And I'm just getting started on this one. IANAL, but this bill fails the "reasonable man" test on many levels.

4 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

this bill fails the "reasonable man" test on many levels.

Way too many states have laws that fit you analysis yet SCOTUS will not act.

NEVER underestimate the apathy of gun owners when it comes to standing up for their rights.  They only discover the error of their ways long after they have given up their rights.  

What are you *really* going to do when cop(s) come to your door with a court order to confiscate your guns?

• Shoot the Cop
• Explain the 2nd Amendment
• Refuse Entry on 2nd Amendment grounds
• Stand by helplessly

#1 - your rectum will be married to your cell mate for eternity
#2 - will get you cuffed and placed in the police cruiser
#3 - will get you beaten up, cuffed, and placed in the cruiser
#4 - you watch them ransack and confiscate your gun safe

Law enforcement and the courts will systematically destroy you if you refuse to surrender your guns.

Which of your neighbors and friends will bring weapons and stand by you?  

Which of them is willing to be financially destroyed, made destitute and homeless by the courts?

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
--Ben Franklin, 1776, Signing the Declaration of Independence

Given the current climate, what with police departments under assault and being dismantled and defunded, these idiots may find it difficult to find anyone at all, much less willing, to enforce these ridiculous proposed laws!!

38 minutes ago, bgavin said:

What are you *really* going to do when cop(s) come to your door with a court order to confiscate your guns?

• Shoot the Cop
• Explain the 2nd Amendment
• Refuse Entry on 2nd Amendment grounds
• Stand by helplessly

#1 - your rectum will be married to your cell mate for eternity
#2 - will get you cuffed and placed in the police cruiser
#3 - will get you beaten up, cuffed, and placed in the cruiser
#4 - you watch them ransack and confiscate your gun safe

Law enforcement and the courts will systematically destroy you if you refuse to surrender your guns.

Which of your neighbors and friends will bring weapons and stand by you?  

Which of them is willing to be financially destroyed, made destitute and homeless by the courts?

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
--Ben Franklin, 1776, Signing the Declaration of Independence

Cops I know, won't act on illegal orders.

Military, there's a concern....

OLG 

How about the cops that murdered women and children at Waco, Ruby Ridge and that ranch in Oregon?

Most cops, and most SEALs are there to serve.
A few, such as the cop that murdered my son in law, and a few SEALs are there for busting heads with a badge, and sanctioned murder.

I fully support our cops, despite the few bad apples.
Same as I fully support our SEALs and Doctors, even though both groups have bad apples as well.

I have no doubt that there will always be some willing to carry out confiscation orders, no matter how wrong.  

As an aside, I cannot help but wonder how much of this escalation has been planned, ramping up for November.  I'm wondering, if the Floyd incident had not occurred, what other precipitous event would have become a catalyst.   

Archived