SASS Wire Forum

if no cops, then we can leave our homes again

Trigger Mike

Who is going to enforce the stay at home orders for the china virus if the police is disbanded or even under funded?  Does this mean we can reopen our barber shop and not get shut down?  Can we go to church and the pastor not be arrested for preaching ?  

Wasn't it just a month ago that police were included with health professionals and other first responders as heroes in the front lines against the virus?  

Have you actually seen any “quarantine police” going after “violators”?

Have any police stopped you for leaving “your burrow”?

I live alone here and cannot drive right now, either.  Besides 3 hospital stays (including  25 days and 3 CV19 negative tests) so far in 2020,  I have not been off this ranch, since mid-January.except for 4 auto excursions of <1hr each, 3 of which I didn’t exit the car.  All my MD appointments are by telephone, and the nurses come here twice a week.  The nurse and I both mask up, then.  So, I have no real idea what’s going on out there.  The one time I got out of the car, no one in the shop or the customers, except for my wife and I, were wearing masks or any such gear.  My wife  says no one anywhere is wearing a mask anymore (except for grocery store personnel) even though there are signs saying they’re mandatory .  She said the grocery store has the register lines marked on the floor, to keep empty space 6.feet in front and behind you and your basket.

So, what’s it like regarding quarantine where you are?

-Seen any police  enforcement action?

-Are people wearing masks and gloves.  Masks only?

-Are people keeping appropriate, “social distance” between themselves?

Cat  Brules

8 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

Who is going to enforce the stay at home orders for the china virus if the police is disbanded or even under funded?  Does this mean we can reopen our barber shop and not get shut down?  Can we go to church and the pastor not be arrested for preaching ?  

Wasn't it just a month ago that police were included with health professionals and other first responders as heroes in the front lines against the virus?  

There is no more stay at home order, at least not here in Ohio! Pretty much everything has opened including churches which actually never closed.

Here in GA we opened earlier than most but the governor sent the state patrol and dept of natural resources officers to enforce social distancing on the beaches memorial weekend.   

Other states, the ones with the most riots,  arrested preachers and barbers etc for violation of lock down orders.  

Most of the hot spots here were in minority communities in the bigger cities. 

17 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

they never enforced stay at home here.

weve had church services for 5-6 weeks.

my barber shop has been open for 3 weeks 

They publicized hot line phone numbers for people to call in and tell on their neighbors if they violated SIP or other social distancing violations. No such hotline for turning in looters however. 

If you wondered why liberal politicians were having criminals released from jails and no cash bail, now with the riots we have our answer.

The only enforcement has been regarding some local businesses who opened prior to the phased designated opening date.
NC yesterday had it’s highest number of Covid cases yet. The bulk are here in the Charlotte area. The protests continue, no doubt contributing to the spread. About 50% of the people I see in the grocery stores are masked. It appears that protestors are starting to wear them more. I think it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Archived