SASS Wire Forum

Chiappa 22 Derringer for Sale/Trade $115 shipped

• 3 weeks later...

I don't understand why an FFL just to do the 4473 and the bond book would charge any customer $60 just to do that

1 hour ago, Happy Appy said:

I don't understand why an FFL just to do the 4473 and the bond book would charge any customer $60 just to do that

Many states require a background check that costs $

An FFL dealer has staff to support and bills to pay and handling the transfer takes time and effort.

In todays economy many FFL dealers are hurting due to shut-downs and/or inability to get firearms/ammunition from vendors.

I don’t like ‘price gouging’ but every business owner deserves enough to pay their bills and make a reasonable profit.

In my shop for 28 yrs I never charged more than $25 but I didn't have to background check anywhere that they charged me if they did then that would change things

What are you looking for by way of trades?  I'd like to get it but $115.00 + 40 FFL = same price as new here in Az.  BUT I might have something to barter if I knew what you "need".

Gave up needin anything several years ago!!!  LOL  Always looking for shooting related stuff!!  Big knives, reloading stuff?  Gun parts, beaters, sights??

Need rear sight for an Uberti 66, reloading dies for a 32 Winchester Special!  Like leather fringed bags for short or long guns!!  Really open to trades!!  Still do some flintlock/percussion rifle shooting so anything related to that also trips my triggers!!

On 7/13/2020 at 9:56 AM, Crazy Gun Barney, SASS #2428 said:

Haven't found one in any LGS that will do it for less than $100 around here.  One place wanted $150.  

California is a different animal and the price of the gun has nothing to do with that

Archived