SASS Wire Forum

In search of stoeger sxs buttstock youth size

My daughter who is 9 wants to shoot with me and I need a short butt stock for a stoeger 12g sxs hope there is one out there I don’t want to cut what I have because she is growing so fast. Any help appreciated for my new shooter I have a skb as well but figure harder to find stock for it

I just went thru this with my daughter, I bought her a Stoeger youth 410 and if I had it to do over again I would make a different choice.  I would purchase her a cheap single shot (in your choice of gauge) and cut that stock.  First you can probably buy an entire gun for what a different stock will cost for your Stoeger.  Second, unless your daughter is different than mine, the single shot will not impact her when she is shooting.  At first it is about getting them involved and comfortable with the guns and the process, there will be plenty of time for them to worry about speed later.

No matter what you decide I would recommend that when you cut the stock that you predrill pilot holes and cut it off in 1/2" increments.  This will make it easier to add length as she grows.  If you decide to go with a 410 PM me and I will give you my recipe for very low recoil loads for the gun.

Curly Pete

email me at mda5551@hotmail.com. I have a buttstock that did not work on my single trigger model and would like to sell it. It has a pretty good ding in it from my Dremel tool, but otherwise is new. part no. 32401, check to see if that works for your Stoeger. 

Doc Leadout

Archived