SASS Wire Forum

Prayers Up For Our LEO's and Those On The Front Lines

Calamity Kris

I pray for our LEO's, National Guard and all those on the front lines of the rioting, looting, protesting etc.  The work they are being asked to do is thankless, dangerous and I'm sure emotionally difficult.  Cities and state governments that don't back them are compounding the issue.  We won't even mention the "citizens" they are sworn to protect.  I fear the lasting emotional damage this is doing to them.  I pray the murder/suicide rate doesn't increase from the brutality they must endure. 

Please show your LEO friends and neighbors your support.  Show them you care and appreciate their work.  I'm sure they could use all the support we can give them right now.

Well, now some are advocating abolishing the police!  (Sarcasm mode definitely ON!) Absolutely!  While they are at it why not send all the funds saved to ANTIFA?  That way we can have complete anarchy!  (Sarcasm mode OFF)  That way we can make our cities look a hundred times worse than Dodge City, south of the deadline!  Heck, you were safer there on a Saturday night in the 1870's!  I am NOT for excessive violence by the police or anybody else.  But some of the restrictions being put on makes one wonder how a LEO can function without the risk of bodily injury to him/herself or to the general public, or being sued as an individual, as some legislation proposes.  In fact, I understand that the entire police force from one municipality (can't recall which one right now) has resigned!  With all these non-peaceful riots, on top of the virus, one wonders if the virus has driven a lot of people insane! :wacko:

Stay well and safe, Pards!

The situation we are in right now has police officers in the same situation that our service men found themselves in when returning from Viet Nam!!

It was bull$#!+ then and it’s bull$#!+ NOW!!

Lateral Vascular Neck Restraints are a non-lethal hold when properly applied. They are an effective way to control combative individuals without inflicting injuries on suspects, while preventing injuries of officers. It is not a choke hold.

A few weeks before I retired I responded with other officers on a situation. The drunk party was refusing to cooperate and became combative. The guy wasn't concerned about the old gray haired cop who happen to get behind him. I noticed the female officer reaching for her capspray which I knew everyone would get sprayed and I hate that. The guy was around 6'5" and before she pulled out the stuff I kicked him down put it too him and he was out within 7 seconds. Had him resting on my knee, rolled over and cuffed. The other two young officers just stood there with their jaws dropped. Situation over, party cuffed & arrested, no one hurt and all went home except the idiot who went to the pokey. PROPERLY APPLIED, great working tool.

It was never my intention to turn this into a political thread.  Far from it.  My intention was to raise up support for our brothers and sisters in harms way.  They are only doing their job to protect the public, even if it appears the public and elected officials have turned against them. 

Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.  They and their families could use it right now.

Nothing political about your post!!  The climate here is being made political by those with an agenda.

My dad was a cop!!  Several of my uncles were cops! A good number of my friends are or were cops!!

All good law enforcement personnel are being pilloried in the public arena by people and groups who stand to gain by a dirth of police protection and civil order.

I’m glad to be retired.

I went through the department budget cuts back in 2008 after the housing market crash.  The first thing to get slashed was the training budget.  No new equipment and hiring freeze.  All of the specialized units (park police, Dare Unit, DUI task force, motor unit, crime prevention unit, etc.) were disbanded or scaled way back.  The police department provided a lot of community services.   

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m glad to be retired.

Ain't it wonderful!

Prayers up for our hard working and under appreciated LEO's. :FlagAm:

We owe those who stand the line on our behalf a debt of gratitude we can never repay.

Vietnam Memorial, Washington DC. Judiciary Square, Washington DC the Law Enforcement Memorial. I have comrades whose spirits haunt those places. I know this to be true because I felt them when I touched their names. In my Department's training building, photos of all of the fallen Deputies. Words do not convey the sadness I feel when I see my friends staring back at me.

According to ODMP.org Officer Down Memorial Page to date there have been 97 officers killed in the line of duty in 2020. Last year there were 147. We have lost several just in the last week to what were most likely targeted attacks by a particular group which is responsible for some of the violence we have seen these past weeks.

Where is their protest? Where is the outrage for them?

What happened that day in Minneapolis when four police officers murdered a citizen for no reason is being used by persons with ill intent. Any idiot can see that. That one incident represents an extremely small percentage of police encounters. But to listen to those using this incident for their own purposes they would have you believe this is the norm.

I can tell you that is not true. I can also tell you that police do not like being used as political pawns. I will also tell you that the police know what's going on and they know that the majority of citizens are behind them. They're not blind, you know.

As glad as I am to be retired, I worry and pray for the guys out there now. Newly married, with a kid or one on the way. They stop over now and then to chat. Mostly they chat and I listen. If nothing else they know they can vent to me, and that's all the farther it goes.

I have often said that anyone that doesn’t support the police doesn’t deserve support from the police. Their addresses and contact info should be flagged. If they call for police a police liaison without police powers should be dispatched to make sure that person or people actually need help and that they should sign a waiver requesting such help. We cannot have our police put in harms way by agitators and activists. 

I have been saying a little prayer every night about this situation and for our police and emergency services. 

These protests are now about ego massaging and narcissism of the protest leaders and coordinators. It’s time for them to end and time for us to move forward. 

Archived