SASS Wire Forum

One Pound .22 Pack Rifle

Pat Riot

Discovered this today and it is just too neat not to share. 

This is a 1 pound .22 LR single shot takedown Pack Rifle. 
5BB00502-7A0D-40F0-AB48-C30379F3B102.jpeg.708442e056ea0c22a07cfaefde5771e6.jpeg

It’s made by a company called Mountain View Arms. 

https://www.packrifle.com/

I tried to attach the videos from the sight but I can’t. Some kind of iPhone versus Google versus YouTube BS. 
Here is a link to their video page. Scroll to the “Instruction Video” to see how it works. 
https://www.packrifle.com/videos/

I have a Ruger 10/22 and a Henry AR7, but this little baby would be a neat little pack gun if weight is a concern. 

I just think it’s cool for what it is...Oh yeah, it doubles as a small fishing pole. I would definitely buy the added trigger guard. 

Sometimes I watch YouTube videos and I wonder what moron came up with the idea of doing it that way.

That last one. "Let's have the man whisper, while we have loud music being played in the background. That will really get our point across to the people watching our video."

<_<

37 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That last one. "Let's have the man whisper, while we have loud music being played in the background. That will really get our point across to the people watching our video."

About like the genius at the company who decided that showing black parts against a black background is a good idea. 

Howdy,

I don't have to patience to try to hear over the music.

This is also popular on prime time tv shows.

They just GOTTA have that music.

And cant anyone ever give a price?

I bet with a little work that rifle could be hidden a lot of good places.

Best

CR

22 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

I don't have to patience to try to hear over the music.

This is also popular on prime time tv shows.

In the top 3 of the reasons why I don't watch movies in a theater.  Between blaring music and sound effects you can't hear the mumbled dialog.

425 is high.  I at first thought it would be neat to get two, one set up for fishing and one for the rifle in your bag, in case you have others with you, but then I remembered i have a collapsable fishing pole already.  A Henry survival gun might be cheaper.

Howdy,

At that price I would consider a 10/22 takedown or charger.

This is a novel design but Im not sure how much I would use it.

Best

CR

18 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

In the top 3 of the reasons why I don't watch movies in a theater.  Between blaring music and sound effects you can't hear the mumbled dialog.

You and me both. I've been to rock concerts that weren't as loud as theaters nowdays. I've been known to wear ear plugs around loud music. That or leave.

JHC

I just posted it because it’s super light and nifty. I would probably never buy one as I have no plans to go backpacking anywhere. If I did, I might seriously consider one. A one pound single shot sure weighs a lot less than a 4.5 pound Ruger 10/22 Takedown “Light”. That 3 1/2 extra pounds would sure feel like a lot more after a day of hiking. 

Of course, I would also have a side arm. 

22 hours ago, Alpo said:

Sometimes I watch YouTube videos and I wonder what moron came up with the idea of doing it that way.

<_<

Copying the sound mix on most movies, TV shows, and commercials since about 2001.

Archived