SASS Wire Forum

57 Buffalo officers resign from spec ops div. UPDATED!!

Quite honestly, I wouldn’t be a police officer in any city in this country that has been run by the party that has been in power in all these cities that are having problems. It’s bad enough having to work in one as a non-police employee. Systemic and Institutionalized stupidity, ignorance and a special type of brain cancer is rampant in these cities. 

We are already seeing a distinct reduction in quality applicants for Law Enforcement jobs.  I only see that getting worse due to current events and attitudes towards police.  I don't like wishing my life away, but I sure wish it was August 2025, so I could retire and leave the BS behind.  

8 years of the last president bashing law enforcement at every opportunity certainly did not help.

:angry:

I personally think all L.E. should go home for 30 days paid leave. If it works great, if it don't, well let time tell what the people want. I would imagine 90% of the black community would be against this. Saw it in the 60's, 70's, 80's 90's and the year 2000 when I retired.

Howdy,

The videos have one thing in common.

The story starts in the middle.

Something happens and the officer reacts but only the reaction is recorded.

Ive heard this George guy is not the innocent being played on tv.

Maybe the whole story will be told, maybe not????

Best

CR

My father was a law enforcement officer for almost his entire adult life, literally!!  When he passed at age 77, in a nursing home, he still held a police commission. The reason for his keeping the commission is another story that I won’t tell here.

He left the Air Force before I was born as a Warrant Officer JG and immediately joined the Sheriff’s Department in my mom’s home town. He remained with the SD through changes in administration and even the transition to a different form of local government. He advanced in rank to assistant superintendent of the jail and moved sideways into the court system, finally operating out of the State Supreme Court.

Even as a court officer, he acknowledged that the job was often thankless and I can attest to the fact that the pay was anything but adequate for the time and risk associated with the job. He did the job because it was his calling. He did the job because he delighted in helping! He did the job because he had pride in his country and community and wanted to protect his friends and neighbors and his family!

During the racial and political upheavals of the sixties, he found himself charged with police brutality when an arrested suspect, handcuffed for transport, attempted to strangle him from behind by looping him handcuffed arms over Dad’s head in an elevator. In the scuffle that followed, my old man hit the bastard in the mouth so hard that it shattered the culprit’s jaw. To make matters worse, the suspect was “of african descent” and the local “Civil Rights” attorney claimed all sorts of racial motivations in the public and in the resulting court hearings. 

Fortunately, the hospital had photographed the bruises on my father’s face and neck showing the indisputable print of the handcuff chain!

I remember that as the only time my father ever considered leaving law enforcement.  I see a lot of the same inducements presented to today’s police officers with the current environment!

14 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

“of african descent”

Just remember 30% of african descendant is white folks so I never really understood that phrase. My long ago descendants came from Africa and I am not black. So, does that make me African-American?

1 minute ago, Smoken D said:

Just remember 30% of african descendant is white folks so I never really understood that phrase. My long ago descendants came from Africa and I am not black. So, does that make me African-American?

Actually, if you follow the Politically Correct guidelines, YES, that makes you African-American! Kinda’ messes up that whole Black=African-American thing, DON’T IT???:blink: :o :lol:

The acceptable terminology changes and has changed so often and so many times that ANY nominative can be called into question!! :rolleyes:

I've heard that National Guard and Buffalo police were treating the protester within 30 seconds of him hitting the ground and supposedly there is video proof of this. 

Unfortunately that does not fit the story the MSM wants, because it won't get them their ratings, website hits and social media followers.

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Actually, if you follow the Politically Correct guidelines, YES, that makes you African-American! Kinda’ messes up that whole Black=African-American thing, DON’T IT???:blink: :o :lol:

The acceptable terminology changes and has changed so often and so many times that ANY nominative can be called into question!! :rolleyes:

If Warren can claim to be an Indian all of her life when the last American Indian that slipped into her family tree did so some time around the War of Independence, then D can be African-American.

Actually, D's claim is FAR AND AWAY more valid!!

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I am an American. I am a proud US citizen. I came here from another country but I am not a hyphenated American. I do not place another country or my skin or my heritage before my choice to be free. I will not have that questioned.

20 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

I am an American. I am a proud US citizen. I came here from another country but I am not a hyphenated American. I do not place another country or my skin or my heritage before my choice to be free. I will not have that questioned.

And there, folks, is the way it SHOULD be!!

A more recent development!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-mayor-says-elderly-protester-121757748.html

For what it's worth...

8 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

A more recent development!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-mayor-says-elderly-protester-121757748.html

For what it's worth...

I looked at the protester's twitter feed, and he does fit the description of an agitator.

As to political persuasion, he finds both Trump and Biden completely unacceptable, and wishes Sanders had not pulled out of the race.

And as to the mass resignation... They resigned from the response team (essentially SWAT), not the force. They are now regular officers.

The Yahoo report does state all of this, but does not make it clear.

For instance, the article notes the mayor said he was an agitator but did not provide any supporting information such as the Twitter feed. And as to the resignations, the full truth is several paragraphs later in a sentence which almost requires knowing the resignation details to see that it is the meaning of the sentence... But otherwise leaves the impression the officers are no longer part of the force at all.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:38 PM, John Kloehr said:

Atta boy, and welcome home.

On 6/6/2020 at 8:42 AM, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

We are already seeing a distinct reduction in quality applicants for Law Enforcement jobs.  I only see that getting worse due to current events and attitudes towards police.  I don't like wishing my life away, but I sure wish it was August 2025, so I could retire and leave the BS behind.  

Somewhere between 3-9 years to go

On 6/6/2020 at 4:38 PM, John Kloehr said:

Amen, brother!  I only wish our homegrown Americans still felt that way.  Welcome to the best country on earth; let's keep it that way.

Archived