SASS Wire Forum

Surgery Thursday

Creeker, SASS #43022

How can I say this as politely as possible?

Surgery sucks.

Anesthesia sucks.

Hospitals suck.

This whole experience sucks so much - it should have sponsorship from Hoover.

But I lived through it; the rooms decent, I got a new pair of grippy slipper socks, (the only good reason to go the hospital) and my nurse is pretty...

I'm lobbying hard for a sponge bath.

Good thing she has a sense of humor.

Also, I'm already sharing CAS stories and videos with the staff and the hospital has pretty good grilled cheese.

Thank you everyone for all the kind words, texts, phone calls and prayers. 

I truly appreciate everyone of you.

From my friends that I see regularly, my friends that I sadly only get to see once or twice a year at different events.

The friends that I only really know from various emails and phone calls.

And folks from the wire that I have never met (yet) - but still care enough to drop a note or send prayers.

You all mean more to me than I can articulate - thank you.

See you on the range

(Very soon...  Stupid or otherwise)

Creeker,

I missed your post about surgery. Hope everything heals as soon as possible and you get back to gunfighting. I hear chasing nurses makes you heal faster!!!

Good Luck

Jax T

Glad to hear that you got through the surgery okay.  Was there some complication that made them admit you after surgery?  When I had mine last year it was only a day stay, got to go home by the end of the day.  I hope you're heading home soon! 

Yu Creeker; Glad to see your doing ok my friend. Again take care, God Bless & see you in time.

JRJ & SP

:ph34r:  Glad you are on the mend.  Expect to see you back in the saddle at Eldorado. 

When I had my shoulder rebuilt I spent the first day and a half afterward in the hospital lying on a huge ice bag contained in a pillowcase.  Affected entire right side.  Felt like a prawn on the ice bed at a buffet.....  but it kept pain away.

The rehab was grim, but while I was scheduled twice weekly, I performed the routine at home twice daily.  Sped recovery immensely.

Taking half a pain pill an hour before helped a lot.

Good thoughts and prayers keep heading your way.

Speedy recovery Creeker!!

9 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Glad to hear that you got through the surgery okay.  Was there some complication that made them admit you after surgery?  When I had mine last year it was only a day stay, got to go home by the end of the day.  I hope you're heading home soon! 

My insurance required the overnight for some reason - money, I would assume (someone is getting a kick back, I'm sure)

But I pretty much needed to anyways - took me like four hours to come out of the anesthesia.

And even then - I was useless - unable to form coherent sentences (which some will claim is my normal state of being), throwing up and falling down.

Kind of glad; I didn't have to put all of that on my wife's shoulders to take care of me.

7 minutes ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

And even then - I was useless - unable to form coherent sentences (which some will claim is my normal state of being), throwing up and falling down.

I'm pretty much like that everyday  :lol:  I just hope the throwing up isn't morning sickness  :P

On 6/19/2020 at 5:37 PM, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Kinda sounds like Sunday mornings at a multi day match after the banquet!  YMMV

Archived