SASS Wire Forum

Defunding the Police.

I was watching video of protesters carrying a signs saying "Defund The Police" when a thought struck me.

Changing one letter would really make that whole slogan much better "Defund The Police" can easily become "Defend The Police"

I have been very tempted to get a large black sharpie and some blank name tags and correct some of the stupid signs I've seen taped to phone poles downtown. 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

I respect that for many in law enforcement it is a calling. I also work with the rank and file on a daily basis and was merely posing the question as to how many would do the job for little pay and no retirement. We're in the process of a 10% payroll cut and I hear about that constantly.

5 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I respect that for many in law enforcement it is a calling. I also work with the rank and file on a daily basis and was merely posing the question as to how many would do the job for little pay and no retirement. We're in the process of a 10% payroll cut and I hear about that constantly.

I had a good retirement plan but I could have made a Lot more salary in almost any corporate job. I chose to stay. Each man has to decide that for himself. People have to take care of their families.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I had a good retirement plan but I could have made a Lot more salary in almost any corporate job. I chose to stay. Each man has to decide that for himself. People have to take care of their families.

I have a few friends who, after retiring from an LEO career, went on to some very lucrative jobs in private security. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when watching the Oscars one year after seeing one of them being shown in the audience filling a seat.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

I have a few friends who, after retiring from an LEO career, went on to some very lucrative jobs in private security. I almost fell out of my chair laughing when watching the Oscars one year after seeing one of them being shown in the audience filling a seat.

People told me when I retired I’d be looking for another job within 6 months because I’d be bored. Wrong. 14 years now. I have beat the odds for retired LEO life expectancy too. :D

22 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The Minneapolis city council actually used the word “disband”.

I’ll make note of that.  Thanks.

On 6/8/2020 at 8:54 AM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Sir Robert Peel recognized a need for a police force in 1829 and organized the London Metro Police. (That’s how they got the name Bobby’s Boys aka Bobbies). Prior to that, law enforcement was done by the military! Peel formulated 9 Principles of Policing which remain valid. To disband a police department in a modern city is absolutely insane. Inexcusable knee jerk stupidity!

Ol' Bobby was a visionary~!! 

33 minutes ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

I wonder what these people think it will be like with no police.  I'd like to see them to a thought experiment and write it up. 

Well!!  They can for DAMN SURE throw away the old, “Just call a cop!” answer to defending one’s self!!!

Archived