SASS Wire Forum

Defunding the Police.

3 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

One interesting thing concerning Minneapolis abolishing or defunding the police was brought up on the morning news (Fox, I think...I channel surf a lot):  The Minnesota (and New York State) constitutions require cities to maintain a police force.  Be interesting to see what happens if the Minneapolis city council goes through with abolishment. 

Saw a story today that said Diblaizo is cutting major amounts of funding for NYPD , also saw another story that in the last week over 600 NYPD officers have put in their retirement papers . Wonder what a normal month is 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

One interesting thing concerning Minneapolis abolishing or defunding the police was brought up on the morning news (Fox, I think...I channel surf a lot):  The Minnesota (and New York State) constitutions require cities to maintain a police force.  Be interesting to see what happens if the Minneapolis city council goes through with abolishment. 

The loony left has proven time and again it doesn't care about The United States Constitution, why would a State one slow em down?

There have been several instances in cities with protests occurring where , instead of people getting out of the protesters way, they have confronted the protesters.  What do the protesters do? You guessed it. They call for the police! In the very cities where they want police defunded.

At this point,  given the political climate built on emotion and untruths,  I think that every LEO in our republic should quit.   Turn in their gear,  say,  "Send me my check " and walk out.   

Remember the hew and cry when, at the demand of the mobocracy, police in, l think it was Baltimore,  pulled back in certain areas to appease the race-baiters?  

7 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

At this point,  given the political climate built on emotion and untruths,  I think that every LEO in our republic should quit.   Turn in their gear,  say,  "Send me my check " and walk out.   

Remember the hew and cry when, at the demand of the mobocracy, police in, l think it was Baltimore,  pulled back in certain areas to appease the race-baiters?  

Not easy. For most it is not a job but a calling, regardless of conditions. One that requires personal commitment and sacrifice. The oath sworn when pinning on the badge is a strong on indeed.  We should consider ourselves lucky for that.

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not easy. For most it is not a job but a calling, regardless of conditions. One that requires personal commitment and sacrifice. The oath sworn when pinning on the badge is a strong on indeed.  We should consider ourselves lucky for that.

I'm seeing that they are being hamstrung and not allowed to do the job they signed up for. And having to deal with changes in policy that put their lives in danger.

16 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

“We recognize that we don’t have all the answers about what a police-free future looks like, but our community does.”

I can't seem to get this scenario out of my head.  It's after the Mental Midget (MM) gets his/her "police-free" city.

The Mental Midget (MM) calls 911...

911:  This is 911.  What is your emergency?

MM: THERE ARE PEOPLE TRYING TO BREAK INTO MY HOUSE!!!!

911:  Well bless your heart.  We'll immediately send you our thoughts and prayers.

It's insanity - fueled by media, politicians, an election year, and money and power. For anyone living in Minneapolis, NYC, and LA or most other large cities it's a warning to get the hell out  of Dodge now. The crime rates and murder rates are going to start sky-rocketing. Even if they didn't defund or disband the police the current climate and non-support of police in such cities is going to ensure that the police officers are going to stop active policing as they aren't going to put themselves in situations where they are exposed without the backing of their department or bosses. Where even without the hostility of the city administration they would be at high risk given the current climate. The criminals and gangs already sense this and will become bolder and more violent. More inner city minorities will die as a result. What's the saying, the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and that's crediting good intentions where in reality I don't think there are any.

I work in crisis counseling and see people in their homes, in ER's, and in jails; and I can tell you that the idea of social workers doing the job of police or replacing them in part is laughable even in a small city let alone in large cities in the inner city. I came to counseling through life experience and I don't  have pie in the sky delusions about it. Counseling has very limited success and can't really work except when the person or persons involved want it to work. Also most social workers are scared to death of the idea of going into potentially violent situations and/or dealing with violent individuals and most of the younger ones who would be the ones dragooned into such positions would be woefully unprepared and unable to cope with it. Hell, most are scared to do even the work I do - and I'm not stupid enough to go into violent or physically threatening situations. Most get intimidated easily by angry people, most get intimidated by angry or emotional men, and worse they show it which just tells the person they are dealing with that they can be manipulated easily through anger and intimidation. Put bluntly it would be a disaster and a fiaso. Worse than useless. 

Most of the career criminals are sociopathic or anti-social (used to call them psychopaths), and trying to do therapy or counseling with them or with severe personality disorders is a fools errand. Usually the only therapy that works with such individuals is suffering the consequences of their behavior for long enough that they live long enough to get tired of it and they age out of it and get educated through the pain to decide it's no longer in their interest to be a criminal. At that point if they are receptive some practical counseling and social support might help some few on their way. Some also may be addicts and again few change and those that do only do so after getting 2 by 4 therapy in life. When the pain of not changing outweighs the pain and fear of changing. Many never reach that point.

So this looks to be a giant cluster f#@k, where more people are going to die because of another false narrative created, bought into, and sold by idiot or cynical politicians, ivory tower academics, a clueless press, and a virtue signaling social media mob. They're focused on solving a problem that doesn't exist and ignoring the real problems that do.

So pray for the police, pray for the EMT's without the police support they're used to, and pray for our nation. Buy guns and ammo; stock up on food and water; setup up to be as self-sufficient as possible; live in a far suburb, or small town, or better yet rural; and know your neighbors. 

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Whereas I completely respect the sentiment, how many do you think would do it for half pay and no retirement? 

18 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Oh, well...Minneapolis plans on doing it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-city-council-disband-police-george-floyd

“We recognize that we don’t have all the answers about what a police-free future looks like, but our community does. We’re committing to engaging with every willing community member in the city of Minneapolis over the next year to identify what safety looks like for you.”

:blink:

Watched a movie called The Purge or something like that. That's what I would envision to a somewhat lesser extent.

18 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Oh, well...Minneapolis plans on doing it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-city-council-disband-police-george-floyd

“We recognize that we don’t have all the answers about what a police-free future looks like, but our community does. We’re committing to engaging with every willing community member in the city of Minneapolis over the next year to identify what safety looks like for you.”

:blink:

Ummmm, Something like this?

Snake Plissken 1:3 Scale Statue by PCS | Sideshow Collectibles

Defund the Courts tooo ?

no police = no arrests ... no need for Judges  this could save us alot 

Just California crazy ideas here

5 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

It is a calling!  I sincerely hope there are good, honorable young men and women who will hear this calling and respond.  Not for their own personal self interest, but something greater than themselves.

4 hours ago, Marshal Chance Morgun said:

Ummmm, Something like this?

Snake Plissken 1:3 Scale Statue by PCS | Sideshow Collectibles

More like this..

Newly elected Minneapolis mayor.

FF3A16C0-7E5A-47D3-8DE7-7FEAFEDB712B.jpeg

Brinkley, when I told him Minneapolis was going to disband their police force. He may need smelling salts.
And he’s not even a police dog.

00ED659F-57EB-4BC2-894A-80296311E235.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Get ready for the urban wars..

They won’t last long.  Karens don’t like the sight of blood.

:ph34r:

54 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Brinkley, when I told him Minneapolis was going to disband their police force. He may need smelling salts.
And he’s not even a police dog.

00ED659F-57EB-4BC2-894A-80296311E235.jpeg

Zgi600.jpg

Good Lord.  Sally did the same.  What do they know?

On 6/5/2020 at 12:44 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

DEFUNDING THE POLICE???

That has got to be the dumbest political idea I've ever heard. 

What mental midget thinks this is a good idea?

https://scottjfriend.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/weird_looking_guy1.png

The list seems to be very long and growing....

Texas Lizard

To prove my lack  of current conversational terms, what is a "Karen"

6 minutes ago, Noz said:

To prove my lack  of current conversational terms, what is a "Karen"

More than you wanted to know:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karen_(slang)

8 hours ago, Raylan said:

Also most social workers are scared to death of the idea of going into potentially violent situations and/or dealing with violent individuals and most of the younger ones who would be the ones dragooned into such positions would be woefully unprepared and unable to cope with it.

Must have been about 15 years ago here in Sonoma County.   In less than 6 months Santa Rosa PD and Sonoma County Sheriff Dept. shot and killed 3 or 4 people who were off their medications and went full berserker.   One of the local pshrinks wrote a nice long opinion piece tearing Law Enforcement a new one and detailing how LEOs should all have training that pretty much would have qualified them for masters degrees in psychology and other such disciplines. 

A few months later one of his patients had an episode and the kids parents tried to get him out to calm the kid down.   He refused and told them that he would see the guy after the LEOs had taken him into custody and was properly sedated and restrained.

And the term used is “defund”; not “reduce funding”.  The definition of defund is to withdraw funds from.  The intention is to gut your police department.

Yep the funeral directors will be standing in front of their places of business, smiling and wringing their hands together.  They’ll have TV ads displaying their handiwork.  Costco, Walmart, et al. Will be selling coffins.  Etc. etc. etc.

Cat Brules - Costco currently sells coffins at a very reasonable price.

I think a few folks hired to manage a social media account would cover the law enforcement angle through a series of harshly worded tweets:

-bank robbery in progress -

hashtag, put that back

-carjacking

hashtag, thats not yours

-kidnapping

hashtag bringbackourgirls

-misbehaving child

hashtag, eat your peas

I think things are going to work out just fine

21 hours ago, Hendo said:

Whereas I completely respect the sentiment, how many do you think would do it for half pay and no retirement? 

I’m not sure what you mean by that.

A NYT poll indicates only about 16% of people think defunding is a good idea. 80+% think additional training and identifying problem officers is a better idea

2 hours ago, South-Eye Ned said:

And the term used is “defund”; not “reduce funding”.  The definition of defund is to withdraw funds from.  The intention is to gut your police department.

The Minneapolis city council actually used the word “disband”.

You see cases where small towns replace their small police departments with the county Sheriffs department taking over. Usually for financial reasons. This happened near me in a local small town. The city police were incorporated into the Sheriffs.

But to not have law enforcement at all, apparently  some groups don't foresee a problem.  Even the protesters who want police defunded, when confronted at their protests by someone, all of a sudden they want to call the police.

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

A NYT poll indicates only about 16% of people think defunding is a good idea. 80+% think additional training and identifying problem officers is a better idea

True but 98% of the media want us to believe that 99.9 % of the country wants law enforcement defunded. :angry: :(

Archived