SASS Wire Forum

When I was a younger man, it seemed I loved to masticate. I would sit around and do it for a long time just for the fun of it. I probably overdid it, getting caught up in the moment. As I get older though, it seems it has lost its flair. I find myself just going through the motions. It's harder to find anything new and exciting now. Sometimes a good steak or a nanner split will do the trick and I masticate like I did when I was a younger man. I'm sure there is a science behind how much mastication is best but my theory is just whatever seems right.

Spearmint!

1 hour ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

What was your favorite flavor to masticate?

..........Widder

I happen to like nanner split with caramel on each end and pineapple in the middle. Followed closely by a Ribeye cooked to perfection, which to me is between medium and medium well. If I recall you like chefs' choice.

11 minutes ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

Do you masticate on the left or right? 

Need to alternate to keep the muscles in alignment.:rolleyes:

All things duelist! To be honest though, my nanner splits usually don't get masticated.

My mother always scolded me for not masticating enough at dinner.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

My mother always scolded me for not masticating enough at dinner.

I always was scolded for doing it with my mouth open or because I had an elbow on the table.

7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

When I was a younger man, it seemed I loved to masticate. I would sit around and do it for a long time just for the fun of it. I probably overdid it, getting caught up in the moment. As I get older though, it seems it has lost its flair. I find myself just going through the motions. It's harder to find anything new and exciting now. Sometimes a good steak or a nanner split will do the trick and I masticate like I did when I was a younger man. I'm sure there is a science behind how much mastication is best but my theory is just whatever seems right.

You gotta stop smoking that stuff my friend.  It's making you crazier than before.

I believe it was 5th grade in Minatare, Nebraska we were not allowed to masticate during class but our teacher masticated constantly and to this day when I hear someone masticating and popping as they masticate I think of this teacher. I believe she did it just to piss us off.

7 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Come on guys.  Do you really think this is appropriate?

We're all adults here. I'm good. And realistically, are you claiming you have never masticated?

I have to make dinner so i can't masticate at the moment. But after I get some chicken breasts in the oven and get a side dish prepared, I know I will be masticating soon after that. And as a point of reference, I am 60, my tongue and palms have no hair on them, but my eyes are quite near-sighted.

And on edit: I may be 60 but I still masticate at least three times a day.

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Come on guys.  Do you really think this is appropriate?

And, yes, I know what masticating means.

I, and obviously others, also know what a euphemism or innuendo is also.

Get your mind out of the gutter BQ! We're talking about chewing. What did you think we were talking about?

Admit it. You forgot all about covid and protesters for a few minutes. Which is my intention. On a side note, what is the proper number of chews before you swallow?

18 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Get your mind out of the gutter BQ! We're talking about chewing. What did you think we were talking about?

Admit it. You forgot all about covid and protesters for a few minutes. Which is my intention. On a side note, what is the proper number of chews before you swallow?

I am a flawed man.  I have many faults.  Tennessee, I know you where trying to divert from all the other crude that is going on, but I do not believe this thread is appropriate.  My wife was not amused either.  Obviously, my mind is in the gutter. 

About 37-38 years ago I worked in a two-way radio shop. I was the initial contact with the customer when they’d come in to have their mobile phone or two-way radio repaired. Back then almost every unit was a mobile unit with the transceiver mounted behind or under the seat and if it was a car the transceiver would be mounted in the trunk with a control cable going up to a control head mounted under the dash or on the transmission hump. Coming off of the control head was a microphone and usually a speaker box mounted on the passenger side side wall or up under the dash if there was room. Quite a few of the customers masticated tobacco and had spit cups, or cans of some sort to catch the bi product of their mastication. On more than one occasion I didn’t notice the “spittoon” until it was already knocked over from me trying to get at the control head or fold the seat forward to check the antenna reflected power with a meter, what a mess.

There was a guy that worked for a big fertilizer outfit that pulled in the shop one day and told me that he had no speaker audio, he could transmit but he couldn’t receive. The radio was a Motorola Mocom 70 and there were two speaker leads coming out of the back of the head which I checked and verified that they were plugged in that lead to a speaker mounted on the passenger side kick panel. His guy was a big time tobacco masticator and used the speaker as a target for the mastication bi-product, it was absolutely covered and encrusted with the stuff. I went to my tool box and got a pair of dikes and cut the speaker lead and then used pliers to loosen the thumbscrews and then used the pliers to lift the speaker housing out of the bracket and deposit it in the trash can. I replaced the speaker and speaker housing, spliced the wires did a radio check and presented the customer with the bill. Man did he have a fit. He said that there should be no charge because the company paid a monthly maintenance fee on all of their radios and that this should be covered.

I went in and got the owner of my shop, got my pliers and lifted the old speaker housing out of the trash can with the pliers and showed him why I charged the guy for a new speaker, he just about threw up when I told him what it was covering that speaker. He backed me up on it and the customer left really P.O.’d but we never heard any complaints from the bean counters and they paid the bill.

6 hours ago, Ramblin Gambler said:

Can we talk about farding next or do I need to start a new thread?  Women farding in their cars might be more dangerous than cell phone use. 

It would be up to the OP as to if your post is OK in this thread. But as to singling out women, I see no reason to believe it is any safer for a man to fard in his car.

I have never farded, in my car or elsewhere, unless you count that one Halloween many years ago. But then it was not just me, almost everyone was farding that night.

Do you guys do this masticating in public?

MASTICATION

The gum chewing student,

The cud chewing cow.

So much alike,

But different somehow.

OH!!  Now I see it!

It has come to me NOW!!

It's the clear thoughtful look,

ON THE FACE OF THE COW!!!

:lol::lol:

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

MASTICATION