SASS Wire Forum

This is  very nice Marlin 1893 in 38-55. It is a "Grade B" meaning it is made for "Blackpowder Only" and is so marked.  It has a very nice Ivory bead flip up front sight.  It has a tang sight of unknown age, although I suspect newer rather than older, that could be Marbles or Lyman.  Excellent mechanical and shooting condition.  I have shot this gun with BP loads and it shoots very well.  Bore has no rust or pits, is dark but with strong rifling.  26" octagon barrel.  Stock is solid and in good shape with a small 1 inch hairline crack where tang meets receiver on right side..  Overall nice patina to the gun.  I paid 2.2k for this several years ago and am now looking to get $1699 shipped.  Must ship to an FFL as I suspect this was made in 1905.  C&R OK.

Djqf1z9.jpg

lU6yoW5.jpg

dVPcm8r.jpg

m1v4bZw.jpg

Jsis0wX.jpg

WKgDHhX.jpg

dZ4eIRc.jpg

kyNM3Zg.jpg

BVGSZbd.jpg

OvMYG4o.jpg

IeuKU6b.jpg

HrUqBR5.jpg

n7aILm9.jpg

1 hour ago, Irish-Pat said:

I have a Marlin 1893 in 32.40 but mine has use. Smokeless powder only... I am not interested in black powder but that is a fine rifle. ☘️ Pat

If I remember correctly, the "Black powder only" guns were built using the last of their softer steel barrels and a more fitting labeling would've been "Lead bullets only". The conversations I remember from the Marlinowners forum said you can shoot nitro powders in them under cast lead bullets but jacketed bullets wear the bores out quickly. 

Sweet rifle, good luck with sale.

C.S. 

21 minutes ago, calvin n. hobbes SASS #17218 said:

price drop to $1799

dai uy cover.jpg

That, sir, is a great picture. The look of determination on your face. The horses nostrils flared out. His hind end looks like it's going down to ground, but I bet he recovered. You both could be movie stars! "Tell em I'm coming, and hell's coming with me!"

That is one Hell For Stout action. Can't believe this rifle hasn't sold. It's twice the rifle of any Winchester built in the same caliber. 

Archived