SASS Wire Forum

charles daley feedback

Tom Elder

Has anyone got a idea how to get someone's attention concerning the replacement of the stock on my CD.  Broke after 6 or 7 matches. Fortunately Rowdy Lane was able to get in shape to shoot and I wrapped for extra support.  Great gun to shoot and handle. Just need them to stand up and back their product.

Ace Of Hearts May be your man. He’s probably in the middle of putting on the match up at Henderson this weekend but I bet he could help you out. He does amazing stock work.

Should not have to pay someone to replace the stock when it was bought new and only four or five months old.  Great shotgun other than their service.  

Time to trace back to the importer of the firearm into US (Chiappa USA, which now owns Charles Daly brand name), and then to the manufacturer overseas.   You will most likely get much more of an answer from the US importer than trying to run down a Turkish or other manufacturer.  

Is this a model 512T Daly shotgun?  If so, that is one of several possible Turkish manufacturers....

Did firearm come with any warranty paperwork, or was this a used gun?

Their US Customer Service is at 937-835-5000, if you have not already been in contact.  You don't need feedback, you have already bought the gun.   You need warranty service.

Good luck, GJ

Thanks Joe, I did go to the seller who is a dealer, he had the tune up done and sold me the gun new.  I didn't get any follow up from him and so I went direct to the importer and they were going to get back in two weeks.  Never heard from them.  I was lucky to have Rowdy who was able to get things back to shooting condition.  

Well, you do realize that in Mar, Apr, and May Chiappa/Daly was probably very short handed if not totally closed, right?    I'm sure you want a new stock (even if you can get by with the repaired one).   To get that, you are going to have to be persistent in these times of short staffing, I'd bet.

Good luck with it, GJ

18 hours ago, Tom Elder said:

Has anyone got a idea how to get someone's attention concerning the replacement of the stock on my CD.  Broke after 6 or 7 matches. Fortunately Rowdy Lane was able to get in shape to shoot and I wrapped for extra support.  Great gun to shoot and handle. Just need them to stand up and back their product.

I suppose it depends where you got the shotgun ... any warranty etc ... BUT ... FWIW ...

The 512 is a Turkish gun made by Akkar ... They call it a Churchill 512 HD (for the 20 inch model ... I guess the HD is for home defense) ... 

ANYHOW ... here is a link for the gun on their site and a link for the user manual (which has a parts explosion) ... 

manual - 

https://www.akkar.com.tr/uploads/files/A13284_Cifte_S_Churcill_KK_R2.pdf

product info -

https://www.akkar.com.tr/churchill-512-12ga-2-524

Archived