SASS Wire Forum

Several questions relating to dog poop

Alpo

You are out walking your dog. He deposits a large puppy present in someone's yard. You, being a conscientious dog owner, pick it up.

Do you take it with you all the way back home and put it in your trash can?

Do you put it in the first trash can you come to sitting at the street?

If, on the evening of garbage day, you came home and were going to take your can back up to the house, and noticed that someone had put a plastic bag of dog poop in it, would you just take it back on up to the house or would you dump the plastic bag out into the street?

(That happened to me one time. The can was at the street, and I tossed the bag into it. The next day while passing that house I saw the bag of dog poop lying in the gutter. The homeowner had apparently decided he did not want dog poop in his trash can.)

And last but not least, do you suppose there is any nutrition in dog poop? It looked one time as if she was going to deliver her present to the top of a fire ant mound (she changed her mind and walked a few more steps over). Made me wonder if the ants would tear it apart and take it down and store it with the winter food, or if they would pack up and move the ant hill. :P

Me, I toss it in the first can I come to. But I watched a young lady clean up after her dog, and she walked past four trash cans before she was out of sight, so I presume she took it home.

Nutrition for ants and nutrition for humans may not be the same. Just a guess. ;)

If my dog poops I clean it up and I take it home and throw it away. Other people don’t need my dog’s crap in their trash cans. 

Around here they have designated poop cans with a bag dispenser.

But it’s a luxury apartment complex. :rolleyes:

99+% of the time - my own can. However, on trash day (like today), they had already picked up my trash can while I was walking the dogs so I dropped it in my neighbor's can across the street before they picked it up. :blush:

It’s good that people pick up after their animals.  You do know that stuff stinks, right, Alpo?  I wouldn’t like to flip open my garbage can and smell that stuff.  What if the bag splits open when you toss it into the other guy’s garbage can?  It really stinks!  I don’t like it when other people throw anything into my garbage can.

Cat Brules

I usually stop at the first house I come to, 

set the bag on the porch,

light it, 

2020_06_03_04_33_02.jpg.258af38d55707128556571dc4ee3ba3b.jpg

ring the doorbell, and run! :P

* Courtesy of Billy Madison

My own can, unless the park provides a can.

Same for bags, unless provided. Even then, usually easier to just use my own bag. but some parks and hotels do try to remove every possible excuse.

And FYI before jamming anyone up for not self-bagging... Handlers of service dogs are not required to clean up in many jurisdictions. And honestly, do you really want a blind guy feeling around to try and find the offering? Or anyone else with a legitimate service dog?

Having handled dogs for decades, I do not dump in anyone else's trashcan. It will be in my own or a "public" one designated for that purpose.

I'll give @Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L a pass for the specific situation, but it does leave a stink behind.

Take it home. You will not have problems if you do that.

A timely topic for me.

In the past few days, I have encountered - 1) a  large deposit in the middle of my front yard...although most people are good about picking up, some still do not.....very inconsiderate! 

2) bringing in my garbage can after pickup, I find a smushed plastic bag of poop stuck on and left in the bottom of the can. The problem is that the pickup guys often grab the bag of garbage in the can instead of manhandling the entire can up into the back of the truck....and the loose bag of poop is left in the bottom of the can for me to deal with. People should take it to their own garbage.

I no longer have a dog, but have had for many years  (Brittany Spaniels) - always considered it  my responsibility to clean up after them in residential areas.  

Yeah, Okie, most people do take responsibility to police up after their dog.

years ago there was a family up the street from me who would let their dog out the front door to do his business.  He picked my front yard I guess because it was immaculately kept up.  One day I scooped up The poo in a shovel and walked up the street and knocked on their doo.  The husband answered and I dumped the poop on his doormat.  He flipped out, engaging me in a heated arguement, while keeping an eye on the shovel.  His wife quickly shooed him into the house, and out came the dog, who recognized me as a friend and was sniffing my pockets for doggie treats.  The lady started laughing.  I just told her to forget it and went back home, realizing it was a small price to pay for having the dog come around to see me.

But you’re right.  It’s best to pick it up in a bag, then open a garbage bag from the can and put it in there.  Then, reseal the garbage bag, so the doggie poop doesn’t get left behind on pick-up day.

Cat Brules

We take it home . best was guy with 10 pound dog and carrying  a huge  leaf  bag 

see cat owner dont have this problem ... we never see anyone walking their cat 

As I have never felt the need to savor the odor emanating from any container of garbage, it may remain as odious as possible without my displeasure.  Therefore I would rather find doggie do in the container rather than doggie do on my shoe and would rather have the soft drink cup in the container rather than my driveway or yard. 

23 hours ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

I usually stop at the first house I come to, 

set the bag on the porch,

light it, 

2020_06_03_04_33_02.jpg.258af38d55707128556571dc4ee3ba3b.jpg

ring the doorbell, and run! :P

* Courtesy of Billy Madison

That's where I was at, until I came to find out you beat me to it!

16 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Has it occurred to you people just how strange you all are?

In 78 years I have never even thought about this much  less considered discussing on a public forum.  All of y'all are just weird!  :rolleyes:  :P

So Forty doesn’t put up with crap...No news there. :lol:

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Has it occurred to you people just how strange you all are?

In 78 years I have never even thought about this much  less considered discussing on a public forum.  All of y'all are just weird!  :rolleyes:  :P

There are a few other subjects that we could discuss but the Moderators might throw the switch pretty quickly.:lol:

7 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

There are a few other subjects that we could discuss but the Moderators might throw the switch pretty quickly.:lol:

Beat me, hurt me, make me write bad checks!  I been switched before.  (Ask some of the ladies!  :o)

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Beat me, hurt me, make me write bad checks!  I been switched before.  (Ask some of the ladies!  :o)

The first time he was switched at birth. 
One look and his parents traded him in. :P

Archived