SASS Wire Forum

Has the forum changed format

G W Wade

My pages are suddenly all different,  has something changed?       GW

Thanks, Pard.   Has been different since turned on after a weekend visiting G kids.   Weird but old page came back on after your reply.   Am dinosaur,   no habala computer     GW

Glad you got back to what you are familiar with. All of us gets apprehensive when something changes for no apparent reason.

"What the heck button did I push now?";)

I have been having sporadic issues the past couple of days with various websites (including the SASS forum) displaying as text format and some graphics not displaying. When I hit "refresh", the issues usually get corrected.

Must be due to some system update.

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

various websites (including the SASS forum) displaying as text format

That is network slowness.  Lotsa folks trying to stream stuff across the ole net.  Maybe it gets better in a few months....

Good luck, GJ

I have had some issues with other websites lately not displaying correctly. Normally I use Chrome but when they didn't load right I tried MS Edge and they worked just fine. I am assuming something was updated in MS Windows and Google hasn't caught up yet.

I will second network slowness.

Now the advanced (for some) solution...

For whatever browser you are using, figure out how to flush the cache (pronounced cash). If you have set sites to automatically log in without giving passwords each time (hey, if you don't have to give a password each time, you did that), be sure you flush only the cached files and not the automatic logins (often cookies); or log in to everyplace again because that might be faster than figuring out how to be precise.

I am on an Apple running Safari and have to do that every now and then. I have also had to do this occasionally on Firefox (aka Mozilla), and on Windows machines with Firefox, or Explorer (aka Exploder), and the other variations on the various Linux (UNIX) derivatives.

In short, your browser stores files (in a cache) because it is faster in the future to get them from your local disk than download them again. Sometimes the memory of these files gets corrupted. Lose the memory, download everything again, and all is good in the world.

If the page looks all "text-y" rather than "grahic-y," suspect a corrupted cache.

The biggest thing that needs an update is GW Wade...but that is a complete lost cause...

with everyone working from home the system is having to adjust to use - or so i was told - keep losing my connection , but so far the pages still show as always , this too will pass - soon as everyone gets sensible again , OR NOT 

Archived