SASS Wire Forum

Time for the Protests to End.

For the overall good of the nation, it's time for the protests to end. The point has now been made very clear that the nation needs an end to bad cops and systemic racism. I support peaceful protests as a constitutional right, but the lawful protests are being used as a vehicle for unlawful violent activities. Further protests are not going to raise any more awareness. I would like to see all leaders and opinion makers throughout the nation to call for a voluntary halt of the lawful George Floyd protests so the unlawful violence which is attached will cease.

1 minute ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Protests are one thing. Burning, looting, vandalizing, and maybe outright murder is another. I'll pray if you will.

JHC :(

I agree.  The idea of the Federal Protective Services Police Officer, Dave Underwood being shot dead, and his fellow officer badly wounded by drive-by thugs, who so far, remain at large, is repugnant and disgusting.

Meanwhile, the worst state and local leadership in my memory have allowed true protesters to be drowned out by holding back on stopping looters, rioters, and anarchists, who are emboldened by cowardly politicians and police chiefs.  They’re even holding back on the National Guard.  Such timid “leadership” endangers the lives of the in-the-field police and their National Guard support.

The US Government and police know who these anti-government organizers are, but apparently don’t know how to go after them.  
The really BIG question is:  Where is the money coming from?  

Cat Brules

I doubt it will help, the "professional" rioters will just find another excuse to instigate violence against America. We've got too many supporters of the rioters, from politicians to "celebrities" telling everyone they are just mis-understood and need to be allowed to express their feelings.

The woman upstairs is on the city’s Fire Dept.. Wednesday is her workday but she told me she was on call in case anything happened Tuesday evening.  In New Hampshire?    There had been some uneventful protests near the seacoast but there was a kid (19) in the Lakes region trying to hide his identity on the internet and incite a riot in Manchester for Tuesday. Stupid punk. He’s sitting in a cell.

and if you consider the “black lives matter” issue, it is possible that he’s never seen a black person unless he’s watch tv sports.

7 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

For the overall good of the nation, it's time for the protests to end. The point has now been made very clear that the nation needs an end to bad cops and systemic racism. I support peaceful protests as a constitutional right, but the lawful protests are being used as a vehicle for unlawful violent activities. Further protests are not going to raise any more awareness. I would like to see all leaders and opinion makers throughout the nation to call for a voluntary halt of the lawful George Floyd protests so the unlawful violence which is attached will cease.

BQ

Only 1 problem with your request. There are very few leaders and lots of opinion makers in this country right now.  And unfortunately, opinion changes on whims.......

8 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

the nation needs an end to bad cops and systemic racism.

We need to end the cover up for bad cops.  In any population of ~800,000 there will be a few bad ones, I don't care how well you screen them

There is no "systemic racism."

The protest was over when the first rock was thrown and the first window was shattered in Minneapolis. The George Floyd protest ended there as well. This is about destroying our nation and keeping Trump out of the White House for another term. I wouldn’t be surprised if this mayhem continues all summer long and certainly through November and will escalate if he is re elected, just think back to when he won in 2016.

What this country needs is a good dose of Twelve Steps. Unfortunately nobody starts the recovery process until that individual become "sick and tired" of being "sick and tired". Then begins a long process of release of control. accepting something "larger" than ourselves and personal inventory. When we admit to ourselves and somebody else all the crap we have done, and asked that Larger something for help, we must try to make things we have done right. Then we take time to look at ourselves daily and do it again tomorrow. I dont believe we as a Nation are to that point yet. We are not sick and tired of our own actions, we can surely point out the actions of others, which makes them resentful and often aggressive. One of the most influential people in my recovery told me I should pray for anyone I have a problem with, not to fix the problem, but for their benefit and health. That has been tough at times. I continue to do so.

Imis  praying for us all

10 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

For the overall good of the nation, it's time for the protests to end. ...

I think President Trump stated it very well.  If the Governors and Mayors will not stop the rioters he will (by calling in the military).  Period.  Leading by strength not by proxy.

The protests can continue as long as they want as far as I’m concerned, it’s the riots and looting they need to squash. 
I believe some of the mayors and governors want this to disrupt the country. Look at Diblasio last week if someone wanted to go to a funeral or the beach he was going to lock you in jail . This week it’s ok to riot . If these “protesters” were from the right instead of the left these same mayors and governors would have the police/national guard coming down on them like the wrath of God . More about making Trump look bad than anything else. Plus after their cities have been destroyed they can ask the federal government for bailout money and when they don’t get enough “which they never will” they can blame him again. I also don’t believe in systematic racism in the USA , yes there’s racism and it cuts every way . I don’t think we’ll ever completely get rid of it but it’s no where near as bad as the race baiters make it out to be . Only good thing about this is the whole covid thing is done unless we see a big spike because of the riots , but I doubt it . 

I saw a photo of a man posting a sign on his business that read (in essence - can't find it now) "As small business owners 'WE CAN"T BREATHE'. Please don't destroy my business."

Protests will not peter out  until after the funeral if  history is any indication.

I support the First Amendment but is it time to have some restrictions on protests since they turn into riots? Just something to think about. Maybe a permit? Deposit?? We can’t let people walk all over the cities blocking traffic and causing havoc!!:angry:

16 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I support the First Amendment but is it time to have some restrictions on protests since they turn into riots? Just something to think about. Maybe a permit? Deposit?? We can’t let people walk all over the cities blocking traffic and causing havoc!!:angry:

In my opinion,  a cure worse than the disease.   We are working to eliminate that kind of stuff inhibiting our 2nd Amendment civil rights, why would we turn around and impose them on 1st Amendment civil rights?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Curious. Where does it mention looting burning and murdering?

I see peaceful assembly listed, but I don't see riot.

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Curious. Where does it mention looting burning and murdering?

I see peaceful assembly listed, but I don't see riot.

That means it's covered. 

Unfortunately a certain party seems to believe that riot,  arson,  and looting are protected speech and assembly. 

46 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Slippery slope. Permits can be required for organized protests. The courts have ruled on that.
The permit can specify reasonable times, locations, and routes for marches, speeches etc. But you can’t deny a permit on grounds that “it might turn into a riot”. But the government may not impose any restrictions on the content of the speeches, signs, etc.

For several years I was involved in supervising response to a “naturist”, aka nudists, annual protest where they got nekkid in public, played guitars and put on skits. Arrested a few for violating the terms of the permit. An unappetizing duty.

But you have to be careful about over-controlling lawful protests. That’s just what they do in China, Russia, Saudi Arabia and other non democratic countries. And most of the protests have been peaceful, or at least not violent.

After dark, the looters and rioters are a different story.

The trouble is visible protest is what liberals do. Their mindset requires them to publicly protest so they can pat themselves on the back telling each other what wonderful people they are. It doesn't matter what the issue is as long as they have something at the time so they can congratulate themselves.  Then they go home and call the police if they see a black man in their mostly white neighborhood.

You will know when one of them does a good deed because it will be recorded and posted on line in hopes of going viral. Then they have a chance of getting on the today show for more back patting.

Isn't there a saying along the lines of "beware of people who only pray in the streets for all to see." Then behind closed doors they're different.

I agree it's a slippery slope about what I said about some restrictions on protests and if it affects the argument on the Second amendment then I get it, but I'm sure something can be done. Look how they've watered down our 2nd amendment.

As Alpo said the right to a peaceful assembly is covered. I saw very little "peaceful" assemblies this weekend!

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

sure something can be done.

There is the problem.   Someone says, "We need to Do Something!" and then others take up the call.  This makes the capons,  in order to stay in office,  rush to Do Something! without any consideration of the long term effects of Doing Something!  That is exactly why we have a "watered down 2nd Amendment. "

The interesting thing about the allegations  of systemic racism in police departments is that the Chiefs or mayors  in most large cities are in fact black 

1 hour ago, Henry T Harrison said:

The interesting thing about the allegations  of systemic racism in police departments is that the Chiefs or mayors  in most large cities are in fact black 

And or female in many cases!!

Minorities are fairly well represented in this category!!

What do y'all think about Sec of Defense Esper and former Sec of Defense, General Mattis breaking ranks with President Trump over use of active military force under the Insurrection Act?

Esper

https://www.axios.com/mark-esper-insurrection-act-protests-176c7a2c-f814-43bb-b7cd-dd7ca5cff1e5.html

Mattis

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/03/politics/mattis-statement-trump/index.html

26 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

What do y'all think about Sec of Defense Esper and former Sec of Defense, General Mattis breaking ranks with President Trump over use of active military force under the Insurrection Act?

Esper

https://www.axios.com/mark-esper-insurrection-act-protests-176c7a2c-f814-43bb-b7cd-dd7ca5cff1e5.html

Mattis

Maybe it’s best to just let the looters and rioters have at it. They won’t listen to the president regardless of what he says, they want him gone so that there is absolute anarchy. Our police forces are pretty much neutered in many places and the rioters and looters know it so they keep doing it. It will ramp up significantly through the summer, IMHO, what’s going to stop it other than the military? How many law enforcement officers have been injured and killed since this thing started? Nary a peep from the media on that but let’s keep bashing the president every chance they get. 

26 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Esper

Mattis

There is a reason the Founding Fathers did not want a “standing Army”.  
https://www.heritage.org/constitution/#!/articles/1/essays/52/army-clause

If a president can stand up and Army to act on American soil how long do you think it will be before that power is abused? How long do you think it will be before someone says “Okay, now we really don’t need the Second Amendment.”

7 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

That means it's covered. 

Unfortunately a certain party seems to believe that riot,  arson,  and looting are protected speech and assembly. 

Depends on which side your on . The tea party rallies generally used to leave the place cleaner than they found it . But they put the IRS on those people. If they had got violent they would have come down on them hard . But BLM and antifa get a pass .

What nobody seems to point out is Minneapolis is already a leftist democrat stronghold. They run everything there if their policies are so great and work so well why did this ever happen . But the places run by the democrats always seem to have all the racism, how come 

6 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

Depends on which side your on . The tea party rallies generally used to leave the place cleaner than they found it . But they put the IRS on those people. If they had got violent they would have come down on them hard . But BLM and antifa get a pass .

Exactly what I meant by a certain party seeming to believe that riot, arson, and looting are constitutionally protected speech and assembly.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Exactly what I meant by a certain party seeming to believe that riot, arson, and looting are constitutionally protected speech and assembly.

Those rights are for me but not for thee 

Archived