SASS Wire Forum

cart built from jogging stroller carrying sxs?

heckofagator

I was originally going to build a wooden cart, but doing some more reading, I think I'd like to go for something based on a jogging stroller.

Two things:

1. can anyone who's built one that carries a SXS shotgun show how you have it mounted?

2. Can the mounts be reversed so that the muzzle points down?  I might eventually like to shoot "tactical" multigun and they carry guns muzzle down, so ideally I'd like 1 cart to be used with both.

31 minutes ago, heckofagator said:

let me clarify

SASS - muzzle up

sporting clays, 2-gun, 3-gun - muzzle down

I'm trying to find out if its possible to have 1 cart to use in all different shooting sports

Depending on how you build it I use a Cypress “Junior” Wagon ...If done right just change the long holder (the upright) to meet both needs....One for SASS and one for the other....Change the wheels you take off about 10 lbs....

Texas Lizard

Here is my jogging stroller cart set up to carry 3 long guns  muzzles up (sorry guns were in safe)

If you would like other pics drop me a line. The holders on the tray in front have inserts to hold the pistols and there is also an ammo box that goes on the front. The top is removable so the cart folds down easily once off. The funny thing is that I have a 4 gun rugged gear cart but that is basically my wife's.

Hochbauer

20200602_201717.jpg

3 hours ago, heckofagator said:

let me clarify

SASS - muzzle up

sporting clays, 2-gun, 3-gun - muzzle down

I'm trying to find out if its possible to have 1 cart to use in all different shooting sports

My first stroller cart was “convertible”.  I built it for cowboy shooting with long guns oriented vertically between the frame tubes.

Several years later my club began Three Gun matches and I tried it a few times.  Muzzle down long guns were the norm.  I bought two pairs of ATV gun mounts and attached them to the outboard side of the frame rails.  Oh, and the wooden box used for cowboy ammo was replaced by a nylon range bag for Three Gun.

i use a golf bag cart and have two mounts from a RV carrier forward and two to the side - the side mounts hold the doubles very nicely , mine are removable for transport ...ill try to get a photo up but ive not had much luck on this site with photos yet , some sites host direct without a photo host , 

5 minutes ago, watab kid said:

i use a golf bag cart and have two mounts from a RV carrier forward and two to the side - the side mounts hold the doubles very nicely , mine are removable for transport ...ill try to get a photo up but ive not had much luck on this site with photos yet , some sites host direct without a photo host , 

This site hosts direct. Click the "Click to choose files" link when writing a post and browse to your picture to upload.

Just an idea but have you thought about using ATV/UTV modular gun holders?  You mightcould set it up with one holder on top for muzzle up and one down low for muzzle down,

"...This site hosts direct. Click the "Click to choose files" link when writing a post and browse to your picture to upload...."

i will spend the time to figure this out , i like that we direct host here - ive appreciated it on a couple others once i figured out the procedure - slow learner but appreciative of the finer points always , thank you , 

EurowomenCardinale3.jpg

Archived