SASS Wire Forum

Can’t have too many

Hats that is. When we came here in February, still in the grip of ole man winter, I only brought a couple of winter hats. But with the temps threatening to hit the upper 80s last week I realized I needed a new lid. Ordered a straw Resistol and it was delivered here 9 days ago....according to Fedex. But no sign of it. Apartment complex mailroom said they didn’t have it. Fedex said the dropped it off there. 
Knowing the efficiency of this place, I waited to put in a claim. As I was about to file one this afternoon, it showed up at the door. At least it got here. My wife had the same problem with a delivery last week. :angry:

3D452145-C614-4DC7-AB84-1A71BA123BEE.jpeg

Ya no Bob? You a pretty decent looking fellar.

My grandpa, who was born in 1874, homesteaded the Oklahoma Territory near Buffalo,  where he was a farmer and horse trader. He said he never hired a hand that wore a straw hat. “The man will be spending most of his time chasing his hat.”  

Did you know the wind blows (or sucks) on the Oklahoma prairie? :ph34r:

Bought My favorite Hat the Year my Wife turned 9 ,,, along time before I even met Her ....

Won my Least favorite Hat in 73 All Around Cowboy at a rodeo south of Calgary... Why I keep it I don't rightly Know ... 

Bought my last New Hat about 12 years ago ...

Bob that Hat ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, makes Ya look like a Shinny New Penny ...

Jabez Cowboy 

13 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

My grandpa, who was born in 1874, homesteaded the Oklahoma Territory near Buffalo,  where he was a farmer and horse trader. He said he never hired a hand that wore a straw hat. “The man will be spending most of his time chasing his hat.”  

Did you know the wind blows (or sucks) on the Oklahoma prairie? :ph34r:

My dad who ranched all his life and was as good a real cowboy as anyone on this site wore a straw hat in the summer as it was cooler.

For the record I never wear a straw hat to shoot, except for a sombrero occasionally, no matter what the weather is. ;)

If we are overrun by rioters I’ll put on my felt Stetson and go out on the balcony, shoot in the air and scare em off. 
Joe Biden swears it works. :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, Grass Range said:

My dad who ranched all his life and was as good a real cowboy as anyone on this site wore a straw hat in the summer as it was cooler.

My dad, during the summer wore a straw hat also.  

That's my dad wearing the hat standing with his sister and brothers.

SjJzM0.jpg

When I worked as a 15 year old plowboy working one summer for $5 a day plus room and board in the Oklahoma panhandle, I also wore a straw hat that summer.

Today, when I wear a rodeo hat here in the Tucson area it's a straw hat.

Utah Bob, you do look good in your straw hat!

Printable Black And White Smiley Faces Free Clipart | clip art | Pinterest | Smiley

Petey has a straw hat for summer & I wear 'em so long as the brim is sturdy enough to stop lead splatter.

Hey, any of y'all remember when Buck Sage had the rattiest hat ever seen (don't even know where he got it) and at one NC State (I think) match Red River Ray tore it off his head, threw it on the ground, and threw a $5 bill in it?  Before too long we had enough to buy Buck a hat from one of the vendors.  But it wasn't straw.

Archived