SASS Wire Forum

More Covid Stupidity

Yul Lose

My oldest daughter finally had her operation in Arizona. She was scheduled and bumped numerous times over the last few months and was the first surgery done at her hospital in 2 1/2 months. Her recovery nurse told her that she was her first patient in 28 shifts and her surgeon told her she was his first patient in over two months. The wing of the hospital that was set up for covid treatment never had a patient. My daughter is doing well and glad it’s over.

I work at an urgent care center part time.

Since everyone started this distancing there have been very few colds, influenza, strep throat, or Corona. Most folks are coming in for injuries and physicals.

The doctors told me STD's are still prevalent. 

:ph34r:  I was scheduled for hand surgery to correct 'trigger finger' syndrome on little finger, left hand.  Finished all the preliminaries, and then the hospital cancelled all surgery 3 days before I was scheduled.  In the meantime, I have worked on the hand to the point where it has improved enough that I just don't think I'll bother when normal activities resume.  

7 hours ago, Assassin said:

Since everyone started this distancing there have been very few colds, influenza, strep throat, or Corona. Most folks are coming in for injuries and physicals.

Gee, ya think?

apparently there is no “social distancing“ going on there!

Cat Brules

Yul, I am happy to hear all is well with your daughter. :)

My back surgery was postponed by hospital management. I was scheduled for April 2. I was told “If things get worse call us and we’ll see if we can get you in.”

I toughed it out for 3 weeks.
Things got worse. 

I called and got rescheduled. My doctor was PO’d they put me off and said they should not have done that. He literally told me in my Tele-Med conference that if there were complications due to the surgery being postponed that I have a very good case for a lawsuit. He said hospital management didn’t consult any of the doctors when they just up and cancelled all surgeries. 
I was surprised. 

Anyway, things seem to be working out. Which is good. 

Glad to hear she was taken care of. 

They had a segment on the local news dump here pleading with people to come back to the hospitals for check ups etc. They stressed strongly that they were not overwhelmed with Covid patients in fact most have NONE!!!

Maybe people figured out they don't have to go get medical treatment for every little anomaly in their health.  

Besides,    Medical malpractice is the third leading cause of death in the US.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/22/medical-errors-third-leading-cause-of-death-in-america.html

20 hours ago, Assassin said:

Might start a run on rain coats.....Buy now before they run out....

Texas Lizard

Archived