SASS Wire Forum

Illinois

Raylan

With our feckless governor and mayors - who will strip your business license or fine you or tow your car if you go to church for violating lockdown - the stores and businesses in Chicago, Joliet, Springfield, Aurora, New Lenox, Champaign, and Bloomington/Normal are being looted with violence and intimidation in the streets. Not so much protestors anymore, just mobs rioting and looting. Edit to add Peoria, the Quad cities, and Rockford.

1 hour ago, Badger Mountain Charlie SASS #43172 said:

All that could be changed with an honest ballot. 

I seriously doubt that more than a handful of those have occurred since December 3, 1818...this is Illinois about which we are talking!

CS

Just now, Count Sandor, SASS #74075 said:

I seriously doubt that more than a handful of those have occurred since December 3, 1818...this is Illinois about which we are talking!

CS

I know, I grew up in the Southern end of the State. Things were the same in 1940's and '50s. 

I moved to Arizona from Rockford IL. over 18 years ago, now living in Prescott Valley where us cowboys are ready for any looters, but I doubt there will be any up this way from Phoenix.

Prayers are up for all of my family living in Rockford.

13 hours ago, Raylan said:

With our feckless governor and mayors - who will strip your business license or fine you or tow your car if you go to church for violating lockdown - the stores and businesses in Chicago, Joliet, Springfield, Aurora, New Lenox, Champaign, and Bloomington/Normal are being looted with violence and intimidation in the streets. Not so much protestors anymore, just mobs rioting and looting. Edit to add Peoria, the Quad cities, and Rockford.

Not much info at this time, but 4 shootings in Davenport, IA. 2 dead, one officer shot in an ambush. News says he should be fine and is in good spirits.

Mayor Daley: "Vote early and often."

Alderman Paddy Bauler: "Chicago ain't ready for reform yet."

5 hours ago, Mud Marine,SASS#54686 Life said:

Mayor Daley: "Vote early and often."

I have heard that quote for my whole life and it is true. The Chicago voters rolls are regularly checked against the headstones in the Chicago cemeteries. If you are buried there, you know your vote will be counted in the elections for the several centuries.

Archived