SASS Wire Forum

On statewide curfew here as of 8pm

Patagonia Pete

I was a recent college graduate living in Kansas City in 1968 when martial law was declared after Dr. King’s assassination.  Poor planning required me to drive home after curfew.  I had no encounters with the authorities but man it was spooky being the only car on the highway in a city that size.

45 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

Arizona is on statewide curfew ... 8pm - 5am for a week ... 

Very strange ... don't hear any traffic or noise ... :mellow: 

This is the first I've heard of this.  I live in Prescott Valley, about 95 miles north of Phoenix.

18 minutes ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

It's true.....Unfortunately.

Violence and Looting was received by the Fashion Square Mall yesterday.

Yeah ... Fashion Square is just about right ... All the shop owners complained they had to arm themselves and protect their own property ... because ... the Scotsdale Police Dept skipped out. Not one police anywhere to be seen. 

According to the news this morning ... they saw the crowd was bigger than they expected and "withdrew" ... requesting DPS handle it for them. Of course DPS was already very busy elsewhere by that time. 

The police chief pointed out however that no one was hurt ... sooooo ... what the hey ...

I saw (on the news) the looting contingent this evening was ambushed and dispersed about an hour into the curfew.

Hopefully ... someone ... somewhere is writing down all the stuff that has gone down these last couple of months w/ the virus ... protesters ... etc etc etc ... as so much of it is just completely new territory ... stuff you just can't make up. B-Movie fodder for decades to come. :mellow: 

Cleveland, Ohio has a curfew but only the downtown district from about 30 blocks in each direction. They have exits into downtown blocked and checkpoints for people that work there and live there. Crazy stuff!

I had to do a search to find the news about the curfew. Pretty odd for it to be state wide. Down here it is usually pretty quiet after 8 pm anyway. I heard that some locations around the US had piles of bricks handy where no construction existed. Some of this has to be organized.

47 minutes ago, Go West said:

I had to do a search to find the news about the curfew. Pretty odd for it to be state wide. Down here it is usually pretty quiet after 8 pm anyway. I heard that some locations around the US had piles of bricks handy where no construction existed. Some of this has to be organized.

Hell, down here we're all asleep after 8 pm.

1 hour ago, Go West said:

....... I heard that some locations around the US had piles of bricks handy where no construction existed. Some of this has to be organized.

The way it is the bricks should be sent in for the benefit of the police.

Rally in the daytime, riot after dark.

I have always felt that what is needed is "Knock Out Gas" like in the old spy movies. 

The Police announce the release of Knock Out Gas in 10 minutes if everyone doesn't disperse.

10 minutes later  release the gas and then just let everyone lay where they fall for 8-12 hours.

After sunburns and exposure that'll take the wind out of their sails.

2 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have always felt that what is needed is "Knock Out Gas" like in the old spy movies. 

The Police announce the release of Knock Out Gas in 10 minutes if everyone doesn't disperse.

10 minutes later  release the gas and then just let everyone lay where they fall for 8-12 hours.

In '68 in Baltimore the NG had two types of baseball gas grenades ... CN and CS IIRC ... anyhow ... the "regular" tear gas type baseball (colored light grey) was for crowd dispersal ...

It was simply an irritant and would allow a crowd to be able to move ... be directed ... (moving wedge etc) ... The idea was simply to make you uncomfortable and go away. 

But the other ... a mahogany baseball was serious stuff ... It was intended to imobilize people ... it was among other things ... extremly irritating and persistant. If you got away and dusted yourself off (or got downwind) you would be right back in a bad way.

I can't imagine the "Gov" here in Arizona thinking a statewide curfew could or would be enforced everywhere ... I suspect it is simply a tool to be used to corral/disperse people when they see fit (using  curfew violation as justification).   

18 hours ago, Sawhorse Kid said:

At least we are not in Minnesota .... They are a half step from Martial Law.  :(

Several places should have enacted Martial Law 3 days ago with the edict that looters will be shot on sight.

22 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

This is the first I've heard of this.  I live in Prescott Valley, about 95 miles north of Phoenix.

This is on Tucson.com, Forty.

https://tucson.com/news/local/ducey-issues-curfew-for-arizona-following-protests-in-tucson-phoenix/article_dbf4115e-a385-11ea-b5e7-f7ce79db29d0.html

On 5/31/2020 at 9:21 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I'm guessing you didn't see this. 

https://www.prescottenews.com/index.php/news/current-news/item/35406-a-message-from-chief-roser-and-the-prescott-valley-police-department

23 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Russians used a narcotic “knockout gas”once. During the Chechen takeover of the Moscow theater. Didn’t work out great.

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Russians used a narcotic “knockout gas”once. During the Chechen takeover of the Moscow theater. Didn’t work out great.

It worked great.  The only problem was that most of the people in the theater never woke up.  Whoops.

There is some really cool technology developed for crowd control.  Sound waves that make the crowd nauseous and a directional heat ray.  You can aim it at someone and they start getting really hot.   The Israelis have this down to a science.

6 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

It worked great.  The only problem was that most of the people in the theater never woke up.  Whoops.

There is some really cool technology developed for crowd control.  Sound waves that make the crowd nauseous and a directional heat ray.  You can aim it at someone and they start getting really hot.   The Israelis have this down to a science.

South Korea doesn’t mess around either. We are along way behind the rest of the world in riot suppression. Mostly because of liberal mayors and governors.

7 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Twenty five year old technology that still isn't perfcted nor in general use.  There are others, too.

Archived