SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Excellent original 1876 carbine 45-60 mfg 1885

SOLD  Original 1876 Winchester 45-60 manufactured in 1885 , sn 56918.  It is in excellent working condition.  When I found this twenty years ago,  someone had been using it as a modern day hunting rifle as the barrel had been cut and the magazine cut to hold only 3 rounds.  I  installed a replacement magazine tube.  I matched the magazine tube to the patina of the barrel.  You would not know it is a replacement unless I told you.  I believe this gun is all original with the exception of the magazine tube assembly, and maybe  the wood.  The stock is in exceptional condition, so much so, that iI believe  it may have been replaced at some time.  I do not know, you be the judge.  The 22" barrel has strong rifling with no rust or pitting.  It will consistently hit a 16' plate at 100 yds with no problem, Original dust cover present,  and screws are in decent shape.   Markings are strong and sharp.  It has a sliding trap butt plate but no cleaning rod.  Nice patina on a beautiful old rifle.  Functions perfectly, I have shot this with Black Powder, trail boss, and reduced power smokeless loads.  Antique, $1500 shipped, will consider trade plus cash for Fn FAL/L1A1/R1A1  clone. 

OIyqKE9.jpg

RsGaOxO.jpg

KlVmnNa.jpg

pj4WcIz.jpg

FgCYadK.jpgfgaoMOo.jpg

O84Pbvn.jpg

a1BWfOV.jpg

lTxBCbE.jpg

JjJb9wo.jpg

mZo0MQ3.jpg

VU2Mbjp.jpg

5 hours ago, RoadRunner76 said:

Is this still available? And I'm not sure of the rules here as I am a very new member, and I'm not even a member of SASS but I am still interested. 

The rules are clearly posted on the headline of the Classifieds section.

SASS Wire Classifieds

The SASS Wire Classified is for NON-COMMERCIAL POSTINGS ONLY. Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member (you may not post for someone else), in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including thier SASS Number will be deleted. You may not sell reloaded ammunition. Commercial Posts from merchants or dealers will be deleted and repeat offenders will be banned from the SASS Wire. Auctions, raffles and fundraisers are not allowed and will be removed immediately. SASS in no way endorses or guarantees any information posted on this page. Postings will automatically be deleted after one week. ***BE INFORMED*** It is mandatory that all firearms sales are done through the proper FFL channels. Other agencies read this Wire and you are strongly advised to abide by the law. If you are not sure of the laws for firearm sales and transfers, learn before you buy or sell.

10 hours ago, calvin n. hobbes SASS #17218 said:

All rules followed.  I am a private seller.  It is not an auction.  It is not a commercial sale.  I am a SASS member.  My member number is posted.  GB is merly a way for him to contact me.  The gun is not on auction at GB.

My post was not aimed at you, the responder said he "was not sure of the rules", I was merely pointing them out for him.

Hi Calvin, I remember shooting with you when you lived in Colorado.  I was a Lieutenant in 3rd ACR and later 4th ID back then and you were a Major in the SF.  Now I'm a Lieutenant Colonel in the Reserves.

THAT MEANS YOU GOT OLD!!!!  :):):):)

I can't afford the gun right now -- I just bought a horse for Mrs. Cassidy (hers died at 28), and we need to replace a deck.  I don't have any of the trade guns you listed that I want to get rid of, unless you're interested in something else.  

I just wanted to say hi.

Archived