SASS Wire Forum

Home schooling

Today I learnt all about heavy lifting cranes as I watched a crew working to put up a horizontal jig tower crane about a block away. I imagine they have a great view of any potential riots brewing. The tower grew slowly into view section by section from beyond the neighboring parking garage. I reckon they won’t get refinished till tomorrow. Should be an interesting lightning rod for the next thunderstorm. Good thing they weren’t up there yesterday.

All in all not as interesting as watching a herd of elk or a sunset but I’ll take what I can git.

7723DDA8-1766-4139-9AF3-648588EA41D1.jpeg

8AD66BE4-1691-4034-BDB4-04E62B03CF85.jpeg

AB3B7633-AF78-4FC8-A3FF-12CEE591A633.jpeg

B57CA3BB-8313-4321-8DDF-88D2EC37914D.jpeg

48997846-D919-4249-ABC0-61A386F03143.jpeg

A5838132-5DA2-4F28-B54D-2733A5F32BFC.png

Looks like they got it plugged in. It spun around.

I look at those things and wonder about the men run them....Nerves of steel and some brass ones to work that high off the ground in a box...Balanced by something behind and in front of you....And the small base under you...

Texas Lizard

4 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

I look at those things and wonder about the men run them....Nerves of steel and some brass ones to work that high off the ground in a box...Balanced by something behind and in front of you....And the small base under you...

Texas Lizard

You think running it is tough, you oughta see the nuts climbing around like monkeys putting it together! My wife asked, “How’d  they get up there. Is there an elevator? “ :lol:

3 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You think running it is tough, you oughta see the nuts climbing around like monkeys putting it together! My wife asked, “How’d  they get up there. Is there an elevator? “ :lol:

I was thinking about that also...High rise building...Crossed my mind while doing the dishes....I hope they make good money...Because you slip, forget the repair work on you....A couple of buckets and done....

Texas Lizard

46 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

I was thinking about that also...High rise building...Crossed my mind while doing the dishes....I hope they make good money...Because you slip, forget the repair work on you....A couple of buckets and done....

Texas Lizard

At first I thought you were in Las Vegas.  The state bird there is the crane.

It was funnier before I said it out loud.

Archived