SASS Wire Forum

More on shotgun team

Trigger Mike

my children attended the first shotgun team meeting.   The coach strongly encouraged an over under .  His daughter who placed 4th in the state uses a beretta Vittoria.   She demonstrated for everyone.   

My son likes the 350 hatfield over under.  I like the price.   My other two have not decided.   

Stoeger are really heavy so I doubt any go there.

The CZ Drake is worth a look. Six to seven hundred, new. One thing is it has extractors only, no ejectors. Some like that, some don't.

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

my children attended the first shotgun team meeting.   The coach strongly encouraged an over under .  His daughter who placed 4th in the state uses a beretta Vittoria.   She demonstrated for everyone.   

My son likes the 350 hatfield over under.  I like the price.   My other two have not decided.   

Stoeger are really heavy so I doubt any go there.

Like Three Foot Johnson said, take a long hard look at a CZ.  I have the Bobwhite G2 SxS and the build quality is very good for the price.  I have seen one of their semi-auto shotguns and it'is also a very good gun for the price.   Alternatively start looking at the gun stores and online for good used O/U's.

I would not consider the CZ Ultralight Uplander for kids. I only mention this in case you find a good deal on one. I bought one 3 years ago from the Cabela’s Gun Library. I wondered why it was basically brand new at a good price. Darn thing kicked like a mule. I shot exactly 12 rounds of 12 gauge and took it back. 

https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-upland-ultralight-12-26-alloy-receiver-5-choke-tubes/

Archived