SASS Wire Forum

Perdition to Conspirators! Magnificent 14-Barrel Flintlock

Very Interesting historic firearm.

Thank you, Charlie. 
Very interesting gun. I would love to shoot it. 
I watched the video hoping he would mention the weight of it. He said he guessed it would weigh about the same as a Nock Volley Gun. I did a search but couldn’t find much regarding the weight of a volley gun except for one that was a 42” .32 caliber volley gun that weighed 12 pounds. 

If I could afford to own something like this I would definitely want to fire it, but I would never want to damage a beautiful piece of history so I wouldn’t. Still, it is fascinating. 

3 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you, Charlie. 
Very interesting gun. I would love to shoot it. 
I watched the video hoping he would mention the weight of it. He said he guessed it would weigh about the same as a Nock Volley Gun. I did a search but couldn’t find much regarding the weight of a volley gun except for one that was a 42” .32 caliber volley gun that weighed 12 pounds. 

If I could afford to own something like this I would definitely want to fire it, but I would never want to damage a beautiful piece of history so I wouldn’t. Still, it is fascinating. 

Here ya go

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Here ya go

Wow! 468 grains of fine BP in the initial recommended load! No wonder they cut it darn near in half. Dislocated shoulders indeed! That’s 66 grains of powder in each barrel pushing a .32 caliber bullet. Wow!

And I thought a 7 lb .300 Winchester Magnum really kicked! :D

I would still like to pull the trigger on one. With the reduced load of course. ;)

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Wow! 468 grains of fine BP in the initial recommended load! No wonder they cut it darn near in half. Dislocated shoulders indeed! That’s 66 grains of powder in each barrel pushing a .32 caliber bullet. Wow!

And that's just 7 barrels - think what would happen when all 14 went at on time....:D  Sure ya wouldn't want some lineament for that shoulder as well there Pat????? :P

9 minutes ago, Charlie T Waite said:

And that's just 7 barrels - think what would happen when all 14 went at on time....:D  Sure ya wouldn't want some lineament for that shoulder as well there Pat????? :P

Well...I do have 2 shoulders...Actually, just 7 barrels would be quite enough. :D

Archived