SASS Wire Forum

FINALLY!...a haircut!

Pat Riot

Coming home from work today I happened to look over at the shop where I get my haircut and to my utter amazement I saw a lighted “OPEN” sign. I darn near flipped my truck making a u-turn. 

215954BF-801E-41A3-BF7B-14EBB9CBAEE4.thumb.jpeg.0fa58a1e600a795cb37b1b8248f70c9e.jpeg

I feel human again! Yeehaw! :D

Looks good!!! 

I finally took things into my own hands, so to speak, and cut my bangs this morning.  I'm good for a little while now.

Yep, got mine cut at Wright-Patt a couple of days ago. Felt much better. Joked with my wife that I just wasn't ready to be one of those balding ponytail vets.

12 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Coming home from work today I happened to look over at the shop where I get my haircut and to my utter amazement I saw a lighted “OPEN” sign. I darn near flipped my truck making a u-turn. 

215954BF-801E-41A3-BF7B-14EBB9CBAEE4.thumb.jpeg.0fa58a1e600a795cb37b1b8248f70c9e.jpeg

Been 5 years since cut mine. Never claimed to be human :lol:

4 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Yep, got mine cut at Wright-Patt a couple of days ago. Felt much better. Joked with my wife that I just wasn't ready to be one of those balding ponytail vets.

Funny you mention that.  At work, I sit next to a group of former military folks.  The last couple of weeks they were all grousing about needing a hair cut.  Well, this past Monday, they were all grousing about the long line for the barber shop at Patrick AFB.   You just can't please some folks........

26 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

OK, OK you've showed us the "BEFORE" picture, what do you look like now?

LaughingSmiley.gif

30 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

All you need is a comb now!! :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

All you need is a comb now!! :lol:

And some "product" for that cowlick.

13 minutes ago, Calamity Kris said:

Funny you mention that.  At work, I sit next to a group of former military folks.  The last couple of weeks they were all grousing about needing a hair cut.  Well, this past Monday, they were all grousing about the long line for the barber shop at Patrick AFB.   You just can't please some folks........

I was actually surprised I didn't have a long wait, considering the retiree community locally. I did have a couple of uniformed military go ahead of me, because they get priority from 11:30 to 13:30. I had no complaints though. It was better than the wait I was seeing and hearing about anywhere else.

Been trimming my own for 40 years. But I’m stuck 2000 miles from my clippers. So I had to get some new ones from amazon. Price has gone up since the last pair I bought. :angry:

I've been cutting my own hair for 25 years. Attach the trimmer with number 2 guard and buzzz!  Takes 10 minutes.  At some point in your life ease of comfort replaces style and looks. :D

a.jpg

untitled.png

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I got one on Tuesday.  Feels weird, sort of light.

I don't look as good as you do, and you don't look all that great.  Guess my eyesight is going, too.

Got one of them Saturday.  My barber always asks how long do I want it.  I finally found an answer for him.  I told him that when the hair hitting the floor is white it's time to stop.

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You need to post the "Before" photo along side it.

No need for a before post! I cut it twice a month. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I got one on Tuesday.  Feels weird, sort of light.

I don't look as good as you do, and you don't look all that great.  Guess my eyesight is going, too.

You’re darn right it is...I am handsome and dashing!

I complained about the cost.

She said that it was a finders fee!!!   :D

I called the lady who cuts my hair.  She said the her shoulder healed (dog attacked her horse; she was thrown) but the shop was still closed.  Then, she suggested she’d come over to my other place in town and cut my hair next week!  My wife and my MIL and I will be pleased.

Cat Brules

4 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I called the lady who cuts my hair.  She said the her shoulder healed (dog attacked her horse; she was thrown) but the shop was still closed.  Then, she suggested she’d come over to my other place in town and cut my hair next week!  My wife and my MIL and I will be pleased.

Cat Brules

Shhhhhh. Don’t say that too loud or too often, some places, the licensing laws forbid it.

11 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

You need to post the "Before" photo along side it.

Okay, here is what I got

April 13th

E84E54E7-43A0-4C10-BBA9-71ACF9E4AFE6.thumb.jpeg.3b746024e15a922fdc7978198bb73975.jpeg

May 4th

1E91F94F-61A1-4051-A9C0-502B58160AF9.thumb.jpeg.9651a520804dddc4ab45c39b128fba5f.jpeg

Now

56F98DA4-3CEC-4F47-AB2C-8AECF282AF28.thumb.jpeg.4e6db3f39245bbd110631dd7d387e7a2.jpeg

A couple of days ago my wife told me that the Governor was going to “allow” barber  shops and hair salons to open she said before I get my mop cut that I should take before and after photos. I got so excited that my favorite shop was open I completely forgot. 
Believe me, that shot from May 4th was taken on “A good day”. I seriously looked like a 1970’s helmet headed disco lounge lizard. 

15 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

A couple of days ago my wife told me that the Governor was going to “allow” barber  shops and hair salons to open she said before I get my mop cut that I should take before and after photos. I got so excited that my favorite shop was open I completely forgot. 
Believe me, that shot from May 4th was taken on “A good day”. I seriously looked like a 1970’s helmet headed disco lounge lizard. 

Heck, can't see much difference.  Could have been just combing your hair.:D

I bought a Wahl clipper set and my wife has cut my hair twice. I colored her hair once. Not sure I'll return to the barbershop. 

26 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Heck, can't see much difference.  Could have been just combing your hair.:D

Well, showering and combing does help. ;)

16 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, showering and combing does help. ;)

Huh?!

My dog doesn’t like that, either!  :angry:

Archived