SASS Wire Forum

Prayers up for Minneapolis

Son in Minneapolis area pointed out that it well may be terrorist groups like ANTIFA insighting the protesters into riot and looting and burning,.

I just hope all the looters and arsonists were wearing their COVID-19 mask so they wouldn't catch or spreadthe virus ... Oh, And not be recognized by the security cameras. 

There will be another run on technicool guns and 9mm ammo.  And get more toilit paper.  

Some riots in downtown Denver, protesting the murder of George Floyd.  Stupid, stupid people.  How this will help prevent further outrageous behavior by a small minority of "public servants", I don't know.  :angry::(  There is certainly ample evidence to charge the individuals involved.  But there also has to be better screening and training of police officers to hopefully eliminate these situations! 

This is all we need on top of the COVID-19 virus! 

Stay well, Pards!

It was a very wrong action done by the Minneapolis cops who caused George Floyd's death.  The legal process must proceed as rapidly as possible.   

However, liberal Mayors in both Minneapolis & St. Paul who are ultra PC & kowtow to the whims of the complainers & a feckless Mpls. police chief has allowed protests to turn to riots, looting & arson while the cops have been forced to sit on their hands.  Even the local major TV & radio newscasters have acknowledged that. 

Our chief executive has offered military support for Minneapolis and added, "if you start looting, we'll start shooting!"

If this had been done in the past, it's likely that looting wouldn't happen the way it seems to follow any action causing dissent!!

image.jpeg.7039a86fb928f3f2e22d8ed8864f6658.jpeg

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Our chief executive has offered military support for Minneapolis and added, "if you start looting, we'll start shooting!"

If this had been done in the past, it's likely that looting wouldn't happen the way it seems to follow any action causing dissent!!

That is true, but I believe our chief executive's comment  "if you start looting, we'll start shooting!" is not helpful.

Also, this violence and looting is not helpful and is not going to win much support from Americans.

Lastly, not making light of the George Floyd death, but if I were a young minority man, I'd be more concerned of being killed by another young minority man than being killed by a cop.

My heart is breaking also.  Prayers up.

I'd be most interested in seeing the autopsy report.  We had a similar incident at my department.  Turns out the deceased had sickle cell and due to his physical exertion while fighting the officers, he had an episode.  This sickle cell attack killed him while he was in police custody.....soooo....obviously the police must have killed him.  I've seen cocaine and PCP overdoses end in heart attacks after a confrontation with the police.  If this guy in Minneapolis died from positional asphyxiation, then the officer with his knee on his neck is going to be responsible.  Lots of possible issues and I just want all the facts before I'm ready to convict.  

I certainly am not condoning the mistreatment of any person, but have several thoughts to ponder regarding this incident.  From the video, it would appear that the Officer's knee is on the side of Floyd's neck.  Is it possible to block one's ability to breathe by putting pressure on the side of the neck?  Also, for someone to be able to articulate that they can't breathe, wouldn't they have to be breathing in order to speak?   Again, I'm not upholding the mistreatment of anyone, just asking for better understanding...….

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

That is true, but I believe our chief executive's comment  "if you start looting, we'll start shooting!" is not helpful.

Also, this violence and looting is not helpful and is not going to win much support from Americans.

Lastly, not making light of the George Floyd death, but if I were a young minority man, I'd be more concerned of being killed by another young minority man than being killed by a cop.

How many shootings were there in Chicago last weekend? 

7 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

They lost me when the riots and looting started. The hell with them 

It never ceases to amaze me when these folks decide to protest, they always burn down and loot their own neighborhood.:unsure: Maybe it's just me, but the next time I have an issue with something, I think I'll burn down my garage and see if solves the issue.;) Geez.

My attitude now with this thing is to just leave the area a smoldering rubble and let them live in it. But NO, I bet the city rebuilds it for them and then they have a brand new place to destroy. And then they wonder why some folks get attitudes at them.

Not only are the burned out businesses destroyed, other businesses are very reluctant to locate into those communities.  Then the communities complain that there aren't businesses or opportunities because no one is willing to invest in those neighborhoods.  I guess the businesses get tired of getting robbed, burglarized and burned out.  Nobody to blame but themselves but somehow it's my fault.

This from Fox news:

According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension.

T

16 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension.

That's something I questioned.  How could you talk if you are being choked? 

Let’s say justice takes it course and the police officer is acquitted, I wonder what the rioting and devastation will be like when that’s over. I’ve got an idea that it may be on a much grander scale.

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I think you’re taking what Trump said wrong. They’re were shots fired from the crowd before the NG got there. He said when the looting starts shooting starts. 

16 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I think you’re taking what Trump said wrong. They’re were shots fired from the crowd before the NG got there. He said when the looting starts shooting starts. 

Rye, I see it as just pouring gasoline on the fire and not helpful.  I hope you're correct.  Seems that the violence is getting out of hand.

I lived and worked in St Louis for the Michael Brown riots, looting etc. as well as greater Los Angeles area for the Rodney King riots, looting etc.  Prayers up for everyone.  This is a no win situation no matter how you look at it.

1 hour ago, Warden Callaway said:

T

That's something I questioned.  How could you talk if you are being choked? 

I've been held in choke-holds, both blood chokes and air chokes for Army combatives and the martial arts, and yes, if you are getting any air, you can push words past the vocal chords, even if the air isn't sufficient to keep you from ultimately losing consciousness.

When I was in law school we were taught the maxim that one "takes their victims as they find them." If a criminal breaks into an elderly person's home, and due to the victim's frail condition, he dies, the criminal is considered to have murdered him, regardless of actual intent.

I think, that when a man starts calling for his mom in a situation like that, it is without question he believes he is dying.

My heart breaks for the victim and his family, for the officers around the country who now have a much more difficult job as a result of this, for the people of the cities affected, including my own hometown of Columbus, Ohio. We as a people are better than this, or we should be.

Bunch of THUGS diminishing the name of a man from all outward appearances was a good person by equating him to past situations regarding people who turned out to be scum. This guy lost his security guard job because of all this COVID crap. He was broke and resorted to passing off a fake 20.00 bill. Maybe to feed his family, who knows. The real culprit is the Police officer who couldn't use a bit of common sense. It is ALSO Amy Klobuchar for deciding not to previously prosecute an obviously problem officer with 17 complaints to his credit.

He did put hisownself in the predicament he was in by supposedly resisting arrest. If he hadn't, he probably wouldn't be dead right now. 

23 hours ago, Gracos Kid said:

I certainly am not condoning the mistreatment of any person, but have several thoughts to ponder regarding this incident.  From the video, it would appear that the Officer's knee is on the side of Floyd's neck.  Is it possible to block one's ability to breathe by putting pressure on the side of the neck?  Also, for someone to be able to articulate that they can't breathe, wouldn't they have to be breathing in order to speak?   Again, I'm not upholding the mistreatment of anyone, just asking for better understanding...….

21 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Rye, I see it as just pouring gasoline on the fire and not helpful.  I hope you're correct.  Seems that the violence is getting out of hand.

Someone was shot before he even said this! He's just telling the truth!! Whenever there's looting there's shooting!! It happens all the time! How is telling the truth pouring gasoline on the fire? I don't get it!:o

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Someone was shot before he even said this! He's just telling the truth!! Whenever there's looting there's shooting!! It happens all the time! How is telling the truth pouring gasoline on the fire? I don't get it!:o

Timing of the President's statement.  It was not helpful.

20 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Timing of the President's statement.  It was not helpful.

I respectfully disagree. He said it after the shooting started! Timing was fine in MHO.

On 5/29/2020 at 6:37 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Birdgun, my friend! I believe you and I would agree that ANY violence is too much.

The spread of protest and violence at this point is both counterproductive and unwarranted since the officer in question has been fired, arrested, and is being charged in the death of the arrestee!

Despite all the posturing and the media driven acrimony, it seems that the “system” is working!  If it weren’t for the “for profit” bias of the media, similar deaths suffered by “other” ethnicities would be reported, but that would dilute the impact and thus the agenda of the players in this freak show!!!

My own opinion is that if all we’ve been told about this incident is true, which I accept for now, and there is no mitigating circumstance that would justify his actions, this now former officer should be prosecuted and punished appropriately!! It is also my opinion that ANYONE found or caught so much as spitting in the street during what is no longer a “peaceful protest” , that is throwing objects at police, looting, vandalizing, or damaging public or private property of ANY kind, or committing or threatening to commit violence on anyone, should also be arrested, charged, aggressively prosecuted, and punished severely!!!

Instead, we’ll have more violence and more discord brought on by the media and the sure and certain misleading cries of the “racial carpetbaggers” that are already spooling up the rhetoric and vitriol for their own personal or political gain! AND!! It’s highly unlikely that any of those who promote such actions or those that commit these illegal acts will be held accountable!!

I don't believe I've seen any riots and mass looting after a white male died in the hands of bad policing. I say let the courts do their thing and let the police shut down the anarchy. 

So!  It is nearing evening and curfews are in place in many cities!

Let’s see if it has any effect!!

12 hours ago, Go West said:

I don't believe I've seen any riots and mass looting after a white male died in the hands of bad policing. I say let the courts do their thing and let the police shut down the anarchy. 

Well... not exactly the same, but there was the very ugly 2017 Justine Damond incident - in Minneapolis, of all places.  Australian-American woman places a 9-1-1 call to report a possible rape.  Police arrive and shoot her.  

Shooting of Justine Damond

The only "protest" was by the Somali-American Police Association that "racial bias" contributed to the [black] officer's conviction.   However, the police chief lost her job (she was on vacation and didn't think it important enough to come home early) and the mayor lost her bid for re-election.  :mellow:

This whole thing is a tragedy!  There is absolutely no excuse for either what the former-cop did to the victim, and he should be charged and tried, and hopefully will have to pay for his actions.  Those officers who stood by and did nothing could be charged with felony murder, depending on Minnesota law.  Protesting peaceably is one thing.  Rioting, looting and burning is NO EXCUSE! 

One thing that is concerning, is how many well-trained, upstanding officers may be reluctant to use whatever force is necessary to protect themselves and the public for fear of being put in jeopardy for their own lives, their careers and their freedom.  My respect and thanks for those officers who do their jobs in an outstanding manner and put themselves in harm's way for us on a daily basis! God Bless them all!

Stay well, Pards!

Archived