SASS Wire Forum

New meaning to lockdown.

Looks like protests riots have spread nationwide over the George Floyd death in Minneapolis.  It'll continue until it's too hot to go outside.   But this should put an end to the COVID-19 obsession.   

Apparently the cop, D Chauvin  and the victim G Floyd worked at the same bar as bouncers for 17 years.  Hmmmm

To me, it looks like 2nd degree murder (25 to life) for Chauvin, who killed George Floyd.    I understand Chauvin was quickly fired from the police department after he choked the life out of Floyd, who was handcuffed.  Passersby tried to get Chauvin to stop choking Floyd with his knee, but he wouldn’t stop.  His coworkers didn’t try to stop him either.   I think Chauvin’s coworker(s) should also be fired and prosecuted (get jail time) for not stopping Chauvin.

Cat Brules

More likely Manslaughter or negligent homicide. Unless there is exculpatory evidence that comes out when the entire video is shown. The news media loves to leave things out of videos to rile people up.

17 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

His coworkers didn’t try to stop him either.   I think Chauvin’s coworker(s) should also be fired and prosecuted (get jail time) for not stopping Chauvin.

Cat Brules

Got two guys who work as bouncers and if I’m a waiter or bartender, there’s no way I can stop the fight with anything smaller than a Louisville slugger, and then I’m in big trouble.

27 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

Apparently the cop, D Chauvin  and the victim G Floyd worked at the same bar as bouncers for 17 years.  Hmmmm

To me, it looks like 2nd degree murder (25 to life) for Chauvin, who killed George Floyd.   

Hmmmm.

CNN last night posts, "Surveillance video does not support police claims that George Floyd resisted arrest".  They artfully claim MPD lied about Floyd resisting arrest.  Accompanying video found at:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/video-george-floyd-contradict-resist-trnd/index.html

Review the video, this being the "restaurant security cam video".  Notice the disappearing 3,500 pound minivan at 22 seconds that was directly behind Floyd's vehicle.  Where is the complete video?  I'm pretty good at Google searches, it does not seem to be available online.

The following second video from another angle was available May 26.  It is taken by the person driving the disappearing van of the above CNN video. It shows Floyd resisting arrest. Is that the "kneeler" officer shown trying to wipe spit off of his face onto his shirt? I don't know, but I bet his body cam would show what really happened.   I thought that spitting on an officer of the law is felonious assault of an officer in most jurisdictions, especially in this age of AIDS, Hep C, and COVID19? 

More important, the second video is a presumably complete video.  I suggest you view it before it is "removed".  CBS news is displaying portions of the same video, but again, it is heavily edited to only show the portions where Floyd is handcuffed, not the struggle that went on for minutes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265409119843954694

Ever notice that there is 20 minutes of completely missing video between when Floyd is against the wall of the restaurant supported by the much shorter officer, and the kneeling picture?

So three days after it is clear that Floyd was resisting arrest, CNN and <fill-in-the-blank> are still pushing MPD lied.  I found the above with just 5 minutes of research.  Gotta' ask yourself, who makes money from pushing race hatred and the riots?

Let's wait for all the evidence.  That is the way it is supposed to work.

1 hour ago, Palouse said:

Hmmmm.

CNN last night posts, "Surveillance video does not support police claims that George Floyd resisted arrest".  They artfully claim MPD lied about Floyd resisting arrest.  Accompanying video found at:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/28/us/video-george-floyd-contradict-resist-trnd/index.html

Review the video, this being the "restaurant security cam video".  Notice the disappearing 3,500 pound minivan at 22 seconds that was directly behind Floyd's vehicle.  Where is the complete video?  I'm pretty good at Google searches, it does not seem to be available online.

The following second video from another angle was available May 26.  It is taken by the person driving the disappearing van of the above CNN video. It shows Floyd resisting arrest. Is that the "kneeler" officer shown trying to wipe spit off of his face onto his shirt? I don't know, but I bet his body cam would show what really happened.   I thought that spitting on an officer of the law is felonious assault of an officer in most jurisdictions, especially in this age of AIDS, Hep C, and COVID19? 

More important, the second video is a presumably complete video.  I suggest you view it before it is "removed".  CBS news is displaying portions of the same video, but again, it is heavily edited to only show the portions where Floyd is handcuffed, not the struggle that went on for minutes.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1265409119843954694

Ever notice that there is 20 minutes of completely missing video between when Floyd is against the wall of the restaurant supported by the much shorter officer, and the kneeling picture?

So three days after it is clear that Floyd was resisting arrest, CNN and <fill-in-the-blank> are still pushing MPD lied.  I found the above with just 5 minutes of research.  Gotta' ask yourself, who makes money from pushing race hatred and the riots?

Let's wait for all the evidence.  That is the way it is supposed to work.

None of this “who makes money from these things” or, “let’s wait for the evidence” or, “Oh, He resisted!” or, “The van disappeared!....we didn’t see the whole video!”.... means ANYTHING!  

The cop continued to choke Mr. Floyd, despite Mr. Floyd’s pleadings that he couldn’t breath, and despite the concern of onlookers.  But oh noooo....Señior cop knows best, as he continues, smugly smiling as he slowly kills Mr. Floyd.   Why didn’t the other cop stop him?!  What Chauvin did, in my view, is so close to 1st Degree Murder, that the maximum for whatever he IS convicted of won’t be enough.  If not 2nd Degree Murder, then 1st Degree Manslaughter.  I think Chauvin meant to harm Floyd, beyond simply taking him into custody.  AND, Floyd’s “resistance“ was very likely related to his previous relationship with Chauvin and Chauvin’s attitude and threats.  There’s something else going on there.   I think the police probably have most of it by now.  There’s little doubt Chauvin is a murderer, to some “degree,” anyway.

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

To me, it looks like 2nd degree murder (25 to life) for Chauvin, who killed George Floyd.    I understand Chauvin was quickly fired from the police department after he choked the life out of Floyd, who was handcuffed.  Passersby tried to get Chauvin to stop choking Floyd with his knee, but he wouldn’t stop.  His coworkers didn’t try to stop him either.   I think Chauvin’s coworker(s) should also be fired and prosecuted (get jail time) for not stopping Chauvin.

Cat Brules

Makes one wonder since they knew each other that there's way more to this story than they're telling us.:o

2 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Makes one wonder since they knew each other that there's way more to this story than they're telling us.:o

There's no evidence that they knew each other or ever worked the same shift.

OLG 

Son now in Minneapolis area was Marine in San Diego in 92 when the Rodney King riots broke out.  He took part in the Marine deployment to lock down the area. I'm remembered they were effective a being order to the area. 

Yes we know that you hate the police. How easy is it to judge that officer from the comfort and safety of your living room 

From Fox news:

"According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension."

I could argue that Floyd fighting with the police caused him to have a heart attack and the officer's knee had nothing to do with it.  Hard to strangle someone from the side of the neck.  Once again, the media has enflamed the masses and gotten their ratings boost.  We'll see what happens when it goes to court.  Mass hysteria and protests don't work in the courtroom.

I don’t hate police.  I hate yellow belly-crawlers masquerading as police, who play the old, “elite, paramilitary brotherhood” game, bending the law to suit their whims and hurting, injuring and killing others who are essentially nonviolent, lawbreakers, such as G Floyd, who was arrested for “forgery”.....passing a phony bill, that he may not have known was counterfeit (as I understand it.....I don’t know).  Guys like Chauvin use their crappy attitudes to intentionally provoke citizens, then use that provocated response to arrest, beat, maim or otherwise injure or kill them....on purpose.  Then brag about it amongst themselves.  The instigators among them control the play-by-play.  Case in point above:  This wasn’t D. Chauvin’s first rodeo.   I fail to understand why the victims of these street-gang, vatos-in-blue don’t later hunt them down.  I was talking to a lieutenant with LVPD Internal Affairs about an incident involving a sergeant violently and repeatedly shoving a young woman around.  She was never arrested for anything; he was angry at her because he wasn’t as smart as she was.  Then, I asked him about retaliation problems.  He admitted that he had thought of that and it did concern him and others in the department, but it wasn’t often discussed.  I told him I didn’t think it wise to use senior officers like this particular sergeant to train young officers fresh out of the academy.  He didn’t have an answer to that, but agreed it was something to think about.   Apparently, cops aren’t trained to use buzzwords to warn off violent cops amongst themselves.

Anyway, I don’t hate police and, I won’t tolerate the “them vs. us” aggressive mentality that many police officers exhibit.  I don’t see the Floyd incident as being so much racial, or “institutional racism“ as I see it as being a thug beating up on a man to the point that the man died.  Why Chauvin’s coworkers allowed him to commit this murder amazes me.

H T Harrison..... you can fort up and adopt that mentality if you want to, but it’s an old, tired attitude that fewer and fewer are buying anymore.  D Chauvin’s performance is a classic case of a bad police officer.  Too bad he wasn’t dealt with properly a lot earlier, and turned into a good police officer.  There’s plenty like him still, but even so, there are fewer and fewer of them as police management and the officers themselves, evolve.  

I live in a small town, and a rather small metro area and I feel safe amongst our various little police departments.  Not so in other places around California.

Cat Brules

I think you misunderstood my post. Not taking sides on the issue. I was just looking at the video with a bystanders eye. No judgement either way. If the evidence shows guilt, prosecute. If it turns out to be media rhetoric, so be it. My opinion. Judge on fact, not speculation. Are there bad influences in all professions? Yes. Base your judgement on all the facts, not what is portrayed on the  news media.

Fox

Sharpton is on his way there, It's about to become all about race, He wouldn't be going otherwise.

Yeah, no doubt.  That worn-out old cadre of race-baiting haters, manipulating any crisis into a million-dollar payoff for themselves.  Al Sharpton might find himself surrounded by people today, who see him for what he is.  They might just tie a can to his tail and send him packing.  Likely his only admirers will be older folks living on Social Security and a pension.  They certainly won’t want to contribute much or anything from their income to his same-old, same-old scripted BS rhetoric.  And, I doubt the younger folks will have much time for him, either.  The first thing they might say to him could be, “Hey man!  I thought you were dead!  Go home!”

....But, who knows?

Cat Brules

Don't look like the COVID-19 guidelines are being followed in many major cities now as the protest and riots spread. Looks like every level of government is weighing in. 

Better open up the recreation areas. Maybe give out free tickets?  People need something better to do.

21 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

From Fox news:

"According to the criminal complaint against Chauvin, Floyd's autopsy showed he did not die from strangulation alone but a combination of being restrained along with various underlying medical conditions including heart disease and hypertension."

I could argue that Floyd fighting with the police caused him to have a heart attack and the officer's knee had nothing to do with it.  Hard to strangle someone from the side of the neck.  Once again, the media has enflamed the masses and gotten their ratings boost.  We'll see what happens when it goes to court.  Mass hysteria and protests don't work in the courtroom.

What they are cutting off is not the airway but the carotid artery 

While it seems obvious that the officers committed a very serious crime getting a conviction is going to be a challenge.

Apparently as stupid as it is that knee on the neck is permitted in that department, that is going to be a problem. Since he was within policy they will have to prove intent or gross indifference these are hard burdens to reach. Possible lack of training in the proper use of that technique will also be brought up. 
The autopsy results are also problematic.

The rush to change could very easily doom this case 

Henry T, thank you for the explanation. I understood that the original issue was “choking”.  I forgot about the carotid. 

We will see what comes out when the whole story is told. Not defending anyone, I just know how the press will mold facts to fit the headline. Hope Lady Justice is indeed blindfolded and the facts come out.

Archived