SASS Wire Forum

Multitool - what I ended up with

Raylan

The Leatherman Surge - it had everything I wanted - and with accessories does even more - very compact given everything it has and the accessories fit in a thin pouch that disappears in my front pocket that with an Olite I3t flashlight weighs surprising little, I found I prefer the Surge in an on the belt kydex holster as it is very convienent and easy to grab, it replaced an extra mag pouch on that side so I didn't gain weight carrying it. Really when I carry a Glock 19 I don't feel the need to for an extra magazine. Handy enough that I use it daily for little things. Love the bit extension and the 40 extra bits and the blade exchanger that has the wood saw and file with added bosch metal and wood saws. Also like the replaceable wire cutters as that was a point of fail on an older multitool decades ago. So far a very usable and solid tool. 

It came down to the Surge or the Victorinox Swiss Tool X and the bit kit, extension, blade changer, and replaceable wire cutters made the difference. I also looked long and hard at the Gerber Center Drive as a the pliers and screwdriver are so easy to deploy and are often the principle tools that are employed on a multitool, but for me I had use for good scissors and a wood/metal saw and the Center Drive didn't have them. 

Thoughts - very happy with the Surge - if I could justify the price the Gerber Center Drive would make a good around the house tool - and I see a Victorinox Swiss Tool X in my future - (I blame Pat for that) - it is such a beautiful smooth sweet looking multitool.

surgewithaccessories.jpg

surgeinpouch.jpg

Looks like some kinda micro-robot critter peeping out of the case.

3 hours ago, Shotgun Willie Nelson said:

Looks like some kinda micro-robot critter peeping out of the case.

Yeah, and it's Skeered :lol:

15 hours ago, Raylan said:

I see a Victorinox Swiss Tool X in my future - (I blame Pat for that) - it is such a beautiful smooth sweet looking multitool.

You're welcome. :D

I do love my Victorinox.

Archived