SASS Wire Forum

Question about legal footwear

Kid Drover

Hi Y’all, 

My feet are being chewed up by my standard lacers.   Other than earth walkers (great boots but out of my price range), what is the most comfortable legal foot wear (boots)?   

Thanks for stoping by and helping and old cowboy continue to limp along. 

Knob Creek Drover 

You may find that Justin work boots with the Jflex insole technology will give you the comfort your looking for with stable support as a bonus. Remember to look for the USA made Justin Jflex boots.  They work for me! Like Doc Shapiro mentioned, try on a few to see whats for you:)

Try on Ariat “Roper”-style boots.  12” shaft, with walking heels and round toe.

Cat Brules

KCD, I like these, Ariat Lacers and they are pretty comfortable and popular in our neck of the bayou! :D

Kajun

Red Wing Shoes is what I wear. Used Red Wing work boots for 25+ years, lots of choices, ankle boots too that look just like brogans. I still have a nice pair of 11" slip-ons for dress up somewhere, but I can't wear any kind of boot now, that's why I wear shoes;). If you decide to look at them go to Red Wing store to be measured on their gizmo. Good Luck:)   

https://www.redwingshoes.com/

3 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

KCD, I like these, Ariat Lacers and they are pretty comfortable and popular in our neck of the bayou! :D

Kajun

X2 !

What I wear,  and they are very comfortable on my old feet.

OLG 

14 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

X2 !

What I wear,  and they are very comfortable on my old feet.

OLG 

Does anybody in CAS have feet that don't chronically hurt?  Mine seem to get worse every year - - make that month.  

I wear well broken in lace up work boots  smooth sole so all is  good 

long ago when I started as carpenter .. I wanted to buy tools  

I was told buy a pair of boots you can dance in all day .. cause we built chairs but dont get to sit in them 

1 hour ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

I wear well broken in lace up work boots  smooth sole so all is  good 

long ago when I started as carpenter .. I wanted to buy tools  

I was told buy a pair of boots you can dance in all day .. cause we built chairs but dont get to sit in them 

"Smooth soles" are NOT REQUIRED...in fact, they can be hazardous on some range/stage ground surfaces.

The only SHB refences to "soles" is in regard to the CC & BW categories prohibiting "LUG soled" boots.

The following rule changes were made in 2010:

CLARIFICATION: Boot soles for CC/BW (edit language to read "NO LUG SOLES".) The way it reads now is too restrictive & has already been ruled as non-applicable. 

Boots are required and must be of traditional design with
leather or smooth rubber non-grip enhancing (i.e NO “lugs”) soles). Moccasins are not allowed.

SHB (Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl)

Boots are required and must be of traditional design with fancy stitching or multi-color fancy design with
smooth, non-grip enhancing (i.e. NO “lugs”) soles. Lace up boots and moccasins are not allowed.

SHB (“B” Western)

SOURCE

17 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Does anybody in CAS have feet that don't chronically hurt?  Mine seem to get worse every year - - make that month.  

Not sure. My shoulders, biceps, left forearm, & ring finger on right hand all hurt so bad, I haven't been able to pay attention to my feet! I'll check & get back to you.

My foot doc's say I have to wear custom made boots ands shoes with custom insoles

Redwing made me a nice 8 inch pair of lace up boots and I just picked up another pair, sorry I don't remember the brand, from my local Hanger store

Sad to say my 17 inch boots just set in the closet and collect dust as I can't wear them all day anymore

I have Ariat “Roper”-style boots, they look nice and  to make them feel better I changed the insole to a softer one that had more support where I needed.  Still tough on my feet after wearing all day. 

For the most comfort, I wear my go to work boots, Wolverine Durashocks. With better insoles these work for me when I wear them all day.  I normally have two pairs and buy them when on sale. 

Wolverine Durashocks

On 5/27/2020 at 8:28 AM, Knob Creek Drover said:

Hi Y’all, 

My feet are being chewed up by my standard lacers.   Other than earth walkers (great boots but out of my price range), what is the most comfortable legal foot wear (boots)?   

Thanks for stoping by and helping and old cowboy continue to limp along. 

Knob Creek Drover 

Go barefoot!

2 hours ago, Half-a-Hand Henri said:

Go barefoot!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and she still kicks butt barefooted :lol::lol:

There is a shooter who comes to the West Virginia State Match that wears bib overalls, a moonshiners hat and always goes barefoot.

12 hours ago, Lone Rider, SASS# 73063 said:

There is a shooter who comes to the West Virginia State Match that wears bib overalls, a moonshiners hat and always goes barefoot.

Hmm:unsure: Nobody would shoot with only bibs, a hat, and no shirt or shoes:wacko:. I'm  just sayin:ph34r:

Archived