SASS Wire Forum

Dressing Pre-1899 - Here's some help.

Cholla

One of the nice things about SASS is that you can take your clothing style and period just about any way you want. I personally like to go as pre-1899 as my wallet can let me and I have had some mention that they would like to do the same but have no idea where to start. As a former member of NCOWS I followed their guide, Creating the Outfit. The guide recommends several books to read through. In case you want to read it, it's attached here.

Just to clarify, I was a SASS and NCOWS member at the same time. I enjoyed both clubs. Half the SASS club was at NCOWS matches and often many NCOWS members showed up at the SASS matches. They were different enough to be interesting and it doubled the shoots every month. If there was an NCOWS club near Prescott, I would join just as I plan on joining the Whiskey Row Gunslingers as soon as I heal from my last kidney operation (Yesterday...).

CreatingTheOutfit.pdf

Cholla,

Great stuff; however, there were no pictures! :P

Here's praying for a speedy recovery.

If I want to see authentic Pre 1899 clothing all I need to do is look outside at the Amish young man cutting my grass 

Cholla, wishing you a speedy recovery and welcoming you to the Whiskey Row Gunslingers, don't know if there is a NCOWS club here in our area.

44 minutes ago, Arizona Gunfighter said:

Cholla, wishing you a speedy recovery and welcoming you to the Whiskey Row Gunslingers, don't know if there is a NCOWS club here in our area.

None in our area. Folks from the club back in Indiana were trying to get me to start one. I don't think I have the energy right now for that.

9 hours ago, Cholla said:

... their guide, Creating the Outfit. ... attached here.

Best wishes and prayers for your healing.

Downloaded the guide, hopefully can look it over in the next week. Never heard of NCOWS before this thread, just looked and there is no posse in Tennessee.

29 minutes ago, Cholla said:

None in our area.

Cholla, there is a group in Prescott that has a website you can check out to see if it is something you also might be interested in. Check out "Prescott Regulators and their Shady Ladies" they dress up in Old West clothing and do skits in and around Prescott and other areas in Arizona. 

Sounds like the surgery went well. Now here's to a speedy recovery. I myself have stage 3 kidney disease. Have been monitoring it for a few years now.

On 5/27/2020 at 10:09 AM, Cholla said:

One of the nice things about SASS is that you can take your clothing style and period just about any way you want. I personally like to go as pre-1899 as my wallet can let me and I have had some mention that they would like to do the same but have no idea where to start. As a former member of NCOWS I followed their guide, Creating the Outfit. The guide recommends several books to read through. In case you want to read it, it's attached here.

Just to clarify, I was a SASS and NCOWS member at the same time. I enjoyed both clubs. Half the SASS club was at NCOWS matches and often many NCOWS members showed up at the SASS matches. They were different enough to be interesting and it doubled the shoots every month. If there was an NCOWS club near Prescott, I would join just as I plan on joining the Whiskey Row Gunslingers as soon as I heal from my last kidney operation (Yesterday...).

CreatingTheOutfit.pdf 172.98 kB · 56 downloads

Prayers up for a complete and speedy recovery.

Archived