SASS Wire Forum

Charles Bronson story

Read this on the internet so as we all know it must be true.

CHARLES BRONSON. In 1999, a fan from Kentucky, who had never met Bronson, left him her entire fortune - $300,000. The relatives contested the will in court.

What happened?

main-qimg-29635c9ab2d07a09dab446ef755fccb2

The will was handwritten and the relatives, as they often do in cases like this, claimed that Audrey Knauer, the fan, was not of sound mind when she made the will.

Knauer was obsessed with Charles Bronson, regularly going to the Louisville PublicLibrary to borrow reading materials about the actor and videos of his movies that she would often see again and again - especially the Death Wish movie series.

What happened to the case? Well, the relatives that the departed fan hated lost.

Charles Bronson got the money.

And now that the fan’s will was done, her last wishes fulfilled, Bronson donated the money to her favorite library - the Louisville Public Library

19 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

...And now that the fan’s will was done, her last wishes fulfilled, Bronson donated the money to her favorite library - the Louisville Public Library

Class act!

In 1983 my wife worked at an Answering Service in Santa Monica, CA. Charles Bronson and Jim Backus were customers.

My wife said that Charles was quite the gentleman and very polite. She had his autograph on his business card, but I believe she lost it.

She said Jim Backus was also a  very nice man and would do his Mr. Magoo character when he would call in sometimes. :)

I have always liked Charles Bronson as an actor and a person.

I’ve always enjoyed Charles Bronson’s movies.  I met, lunched with (studio commissary) a number of actors and actresses in West Los Angeles.  The men were more or less a bit standoffish (insecure?) and the ladies bright eyed, funny, forthcoming, and talkative.  Anyway, I never met Charles Bronson, but I did see him on the Fox lot once.  This was years ago.

Cat Brules

Archived