SASS Wire Forum

SET EM UP!!

Carol had an MRI on Friday and an infusion treatment today and a consult with the oncologist. I wasn’t allowed in the cancer center, patients only, so   when we sat down with the doc, she put her phone on speaker and called me as I sat out in the parking lot.

”Well, I got the results of your Friday scan”, says the doc. “Good news. Your blood work has improved a lot. White blood cells and platelets are back to near normal levels. The enlarged abdominal lymph nodes are smaller. Those suspicious modules the the lungs have mostly disappeared and your kidney tumor has shrunk by 50%. And almost no side effects at all. You hit a home run!”

This treatment works on about 1 out of 3 patients. With some, the side effects are too severe for them to handle and the stop treatment.

Much better progress than we could have hoped for.  Tears flowed freely. One more treatment here in 4 weeks and then we should be able to head home for the follow up treatments which should be 1-2 years depending.

Awesome news. Best day in years. Maybe ever!

Bottles set em up. From the top shelf. No well liquor. Money is no object. I’m stimulating the economy with 24 hunnert dollars somebody gave me.

•  Yeeehaa! :wub:

YAY!

Good on  you . 

Praying  for  more  good  news  for  ya'll  

CS  

Great news, UB. Happy to here Memsahib is handling the treatments well and the cancer is responding. My prayers will continue for her healing.

Jameson Black Barrel, neat.

Great news. I'm sure you and your wife are looking forward to getting back to the ranch. God bless you both.

Irish Tom

Bartender, I'll have a Clontarf, make it a double.

52 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

... Best day in years. Maybe ever!

Amen.

Great news! All the best to you and your wife.

Great news, UB!!!! Hope that four weeks flies by and you’re home by July 1.

Congratulations to Carol, and to you UB.  That's fantastic news!!!  Uno and I send our prayers and best wishes for continued progress!!!

Fantastic news!  Here's to your lovely wife and you!

Great news! Best news I've heard in awhile, come to think of it!

I'll have a Jameson Black Barrel, and the next round is on me.

By Vulcan's left nut that is the best news i have heard in years!

Thanks,  Bob.  You just made my week.  Maybe month.

O Lord God Jesus Christ, the Life and strength of all that put their hope in You, Whose mercies are numberless, and the treasury of goodness that is infinite, we give thanks to You for the blessings which You have bestowed upon Your servant Carol; and we humbly beseech You to continue Your goodness toward us; and as You have been well pleased to restore Your servant to her bodily health, so do You imbue her soul with all the heavenly graces, perseverance in good works, and prepare us by Your blessings in this life for the enjoyment of eternal happiness in the Life to come; for to You are due all glory, honor, and worship, as also to Your Eternal Father and Your All Holy, Good and Life creating Spirit, both now and ever, and to the ages of ages. Amen.

Is against Saloon members to shed a tear when they hear such good and happy news for a friend?  Oh never mind, I forgot Cowboys don’t cry.  Is any else having allergy problems right now?

Okay—A round of triples for the house!

UB

WONDERFUL news for Carol and you, both!  I sure hope her treatments eliminate the cancer.  Time for celebration for you two!

Cat Brules

It is a wonderful thing when prayers are answered.

We will keep praying, with a big THANK YOU to the Lord.

Duffield

Great news UB! Thank God for prayers that are answered. I will take a double  Knob Creek Rye, neat!  cheers,  Hoss C.

Howdy,

Congrats pard.

Handling side effects well is a wonderful thing to hear.

And make mine a vodka martini shaken not stirred.

I haven't had a drink in months.

Best

CR

with a twist.....

Great News UB!

Archived