SASS Wire Forum

First Stage DQ

Marshal Hangtree

Well, I guess it finally had to happen.  I earned my first Stage DQ this weekend.  And it actually happened on the one stage that I was shooting really well by my standards.  Shooting Duelist, when I holstered the right pistol, someway somehow the hammer ended up on half cock when I put it in the holster.  Had to be my fault, nobody else touched it.  I just have no idea how I did that.  Never done it before. 

Oh well, I don't think I'll make that mistake again . . . . . but then again, I didn't think I'd do it this time either. 

Ive had that happen, was using a different shotgun belt and hung the hammer on it putting the gun back in holster, didn't know till done shooting. And it was a good stage for me also such is life

Stuff happens. We all have our bad days. All you can do is get up, brush yourself off and keep going forward.

Irish Tom.

Got a lot of respect for you, Marshal.   "I earned my first Stage DQ this weekend."  "Had to be my fault, nobody else touched it."

Didn't blame anyone else. Took your medicine and told us about it. 

I was told years ago their are 2 types of Cowboy Action Shooters, those that have been DQ'd and those that are going to be. I'm pretty sure I've earned every possible penalty except "Spirit Of The Game". If I ever earn that one it will probably be time to hang up my guns.

Welcome to the club.

Randy

I respect a man that owns up and not try to blame others, you're such a man.  If that's your first then just write it off as a one time mistake.  Considering how much down time most of us have had let's just chalk it up to another COVID related incident :ph34r: ;) :D

I remember my only SDQ .

I tripped and fell down .

But one of my pistols came out of the holsters and hit the ground loaded  = SDQ  ! 

We just have too say Sh1t Happens once in a while :D

3 hours ago, Rooster Ron Wayne said:

I remember my only SDQ .

I tripped and fell down .

But one of my pistols came out of the holsters and hit the ground loaded  = SDQ  ! 

We just have too say Sh1t Happens once in a while :D

That would be a MDQ, don't ask me how I know that.:rolleyes:

Randy

we learn from our mistakes ..mine was breaking the 170 moving with empty shotgun 

a really smart cowboy can learn from the mistakes other cowboys make 

we used to shake hands with person who called it  ... hope that can be back next year 

I have gotten a couple.

Mostly by getting into exciting conversations at the unloading table.

It's always such a surprise at the next loading table to open a revolver gate and find spent brass in there.:angry:

Archived