SASS Wire Forum

Clarification on gunfighter

FWIW:

IMO, it might be helpful help to read the entire "Categories" section in order to differentiate between categories and shooting styles.

...or not.

16 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

Oh God, please provide me strength!

I fear I must walk a similar path in the future.

@English Stranger, SASS 42090, I feel your pain in the rules.

I remember having the little pocket rule book they sent out every other year and told to keep in your pocket as you shoot, somewhere in it, it said ambiguous calls or rules always went to the shooter.

9 minutes ago, English Stranger, SASS 42090 said:

I remember having the little pocket rule book they sent out every other year and told to keep in your pocket as you shoot, somewhere in it, it said ambiguous calls or rules always went to the shooter.

Here is your your TG contact info. A local contact he may be able to guide you through your difficulties with your choice of category and shooting style:)

Territorial Governor: Blackjack Ketchem
Phone: 720-951-2110

Look at it this way...

Forget about the existence of age based categories for a moment.

There are style based categories.

These are Supported, Duelist, Gunfighter.

There are propellent based categories.

These are Frontier Cartridge and Frontiersman.

There are costume/ equipment based/ style restricted (or allowed) categories.

These are B-Western and Classic Cowboy.

These are your base categories.

But you can offer variation of these base categories that include the addition of age breaks within the category.

AND/ OR

Variations that add restrictions within category by equipment/ propellent/ costuming.

Seniors cannot shoot Gunfighter as Senior (or any age based categories) as Senior is a supported style category and GF is expressly forbidden within supported categories.

So in other words - strictly speaking there is no such thing as Senior Gunfighter as the Senior (60+) category is an age based variation within the supported category.

If the base category is Gunfighter then any further sub division is Gunfighter FIRST - then the added variation (but Gunfighter restrictions or allowances always come first).

So Gunfighter (or any base category) with an age break addition is first the BASE category (in this case Gunfighter) followed by the age break.

Gunfighter Senior would be the proper way to phrase it as it is Gunfighter category WITH an age break.

Gunfighter requiring BP propellent in cartridge rounds would properly be termed Gunfighter Frontier Cartridge.

Add an 60 year age break and you have Gunfighter Frontier Cartridge Senior.

But by the order of titles - you can discern it is a Gunfighter shooting style restricted to BP rounds restricted to those shooters 60+.

Hope this helps.

2 hours ago, English Stranger, SASS 42090 said:

Thank you, that is where the book is not clear. 

Not to worry. We have a guy that volunteered to go through the shooter's hand book and clarify all the stuff that we all understood already.:P

Archived