SASS Wire Forum

Browning Low Wall

Snakebite

Been looking for comps, but current ones seem to be scarce. I have a Browning Low Wall, 243 with Leupold Vari X 2-7 Compact. It is 98%, and has very few rounds through it. Since moving to town, I don't see any further opportunities to enjoy it. I would appreciate some feedback as to what I might expect. I've searched high and low, and can not find the box. Lots of things I can find since the move to town.

Snakebite

Wow, so much depends upon the condition (as for all used guns) and the add-ons (sights, stock designs, butt configuration, etc - which vary a lot on 1885 Low Walls).

Winchester sold their version of the 1885 LW in .243 for $1400 MSRP, not all that long ago.

Per:

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products/rifles/model-1885/model-1885-past-products/model-1885-low-wall.html

Browning might have added another $100 or so.

A couple of lightly used guns on Gun Broker are posted now close to or slightly above that Winchester MSRP.  Deduct some for what they might actually sell for.

Scope - might be an add of $250, unless you have a buyer that really knows there is no unusual wear or malfunction in that nice scope.

If you can get $1300 for the package, you are probably doing fairly well.   Especially THIS MONTH when money is tight for many buyers.

Good luck, GJ

TNX pard... just got my computer working again. The gun is a good 98%. I'll take another look around and see what I can find. It will shoot virtually the same hole at 100yds with Speer Nitrex ammo, and under MOA  with my reloads. By far the most accurate gun I've ever owned. I got it for some fun hunting, but it was just too pretty to take out, and then they outlawed any bullets with lead for hunting, so I had to load Barnes copper. They were good, but nothing shoots like the Speer Nitrex ammo. I think if I listed it for that price, I would jump on it myself! Also have a lot of ammo and dies. Thanks again

Snakebite

1 hour ago, Snakebite said:

I think if I listed it for that price, I would jump on it myself!

Sometimes that is the right price, specially if you need it gone RN.  :lol:

Archived