SASS Wire Forum

FOUND ONE!!! WTB/ ISO Marlin 94CB in 32H&R

I had one of these awhile back but had to let it go when money troubles hit. Well ten years later, better job and life all back to normal and the daughter wants to start shooting. NOW I gotta find her her a rifle!

I would like to find a marlin in .32 H&R Mag. I don't really need a full out race gun or want to pay for the the greatest action done by the greatest gunsmith if I don't have to but I do want to get a rifle. If anyone has one they aren't shooting or has a lead on one I would greatly appreciate it. 

Thanks,

StoneyMike

Thanks to Marshall Fire I found the rifle I needed and wanted.

Fellow shooter sold me his and I love it. It is not for sale . He replaced his Marlin 32 with a Henry 327 Federal so his field revolver and carbine would shoot the same ammo. His shoots 32 H&R just fine. If you cannot find a Marlin, you might want to check out the Henry 327. Not as fast to work, but might fill your need. 

I passed on one for $500 a couple of years ago, must have been a senior moment.  They have since tripled in price.  I already had the two Vaqueros in 32 H&R and have been looking for the Marlin 1894 to match for the last couple of years.  I thought I might use these when I get too old to shoot my 38spls.

Scarlett's is nice, but it was more than I was willing to pay.  If I remember correctly, it was between $1500 and $1800.  But, I have seen others that have sold in that ball park.

IMHO, you would be better off to look for a .38/.357 Marlin w/20" bbl.  Easier to find, and the brass is cheaper.  I have had two of those turkeys, and sold both (not for todays prices, darn) but don't regret it.  I NEVER got much of my brass back at a match.  don't know if it was just lost , or someone picked it and kept it.  Anyway, my 2c worth,

Al

Al, I've been shooting Cowboy action just about as long as you have (20 years), I already have a marlin 38 carbine. The point of the post was that I wanted a Marlin 94cb in .32 H&R Mag. Not the "equivalent". I want what I want. I had one, I want another. While I get that they aren't the most practical, I still want one. I get to see the one I sold every month and the shooter loves it and shoots it very well. I'm sorry you had "Turkeys", but you post is not very helpful for me actually locating and purchasing the rifle that I want. just my 2c worth  

Archived