SASS Wire Forum

Carter Klaus Aka Michael112 scammer

21 minutes ago, Turkey Flats Jack said:

What's the full story?

I was about to ask the same thing.    

Michael112 Responded to my ad I’m looking for a Ruger MPR of course his friend Carter Klaus had one. A quick internet check he’s been on other gun forums scamming. Wanted Zelle payment didn’t even want a FFL.

total scam

Yep!! Tried the same kind of scam with me on my WTB post for a Uberti Model P Jr. 32-20/32 H&R 5.5".  Sent me pics of a gun like that from an old post on Guns International.  Only wanted electronic payment so no mail to address.

TR

This guy has everything! In reference to my search for a Win. 1886 he wrote "Hello contact Carter in Florida he has Winchester/Miroku1886 1-500 45-70 riffle he will be looking to dispose" LOL! No way to get ahold of Carter though... man I was so ready to talk to him. What a maggot.   SCJ

Gone.  Busted along with several other names he/they registered under.  Approx. 20% of new registrations that make it through the initial process lately have been scammers.  We try to nail them as soon as we can.  Your help by reporting them is invaluable.  These "third party" offers seems to be their M.O. lately.

Unfortunately, these days a certain degree of cynicism seems to be required.

Eli

Archived