SASS Wire Forum

CAS at Brookfield, Ohio! Thursday May 28, 2020

Slow Mo Dern

CAS at Brookfield in Masury, Ohio Thursday May 28, 2020

Howdy!

Come join us for a Cowboy Action match at the Brookfield Conservation Club in Masury, Ohio on Thursday May 28, 2020.

It’s the Last Thursday of the Month Work-Shirker Open Class CAS Match!

Five fast, fun-filled EZ stages to put us in a “goodly state of merriment!”

Gates open at 9:00 am ----- Lead down range at around 10:00 am after the Pledge of Allegiance and a “brief” safety meeting.

No lunch on this day so bring your snacks in case you get hungry!   Water will be provided by the club in nice little plastic bottles!

Sound like fun?  You bet! 

Come on out and get yourself in shape for this year’s outdoor season of Cowboy Action in Northeast Ohio!  You know you want to and you know you need to!  It only gets better from here!

If it rains:  We’ll shoot “under the roof!”  A good time might be had by all! :lol:

Don’t forget your real shotgun shells!   Welcome to the great outdoors!

Bring your mask, hand sanitizer, and any other personal protection equipment you think you might need.

Spectators and visitors are always welcome but you must wear your hearing protectors and safety glasses. It’s mandatory. Safety every time, that’s us!

Be safe and God bless,

Slow Mo Dern

Shenango River Rats

Hi Chris,

This is the last Thursday of the month "work-shirker" match.  You call in sick and go shoot a cowboy match with all your friends. 

That's called "shirking."  :lol:

We get a pretty good turnout!  Most of us are retired.

After you retire Chris, you can shoot all the time!  :P  

Mo

On 5/25/2020 at 3:25 AM, Turkey Flats Jack said:

Wish I could make it! I'm stuck working out here in New Mexico until the 10th of June. Tell Hagan to make some extra smoke for me! Be safe and have fun fellas I'll see ya when I can. 

Hello Turkey Flats Jack!

I will tell Hagan about the extra smoke!  I'm sure he'll oblige!    I'll see him tomorrow.

We're working on the cowboy range for Thursday but it's supposed to rain the day of the match.  

How's the weather out in New Mexico?  It's nice and hot in Ohio today and a good day for Margaritas!  

Stay safe and God bless.

Mo

This jest in from the "cowboy room" at Brookfield!

It's supposed to rain Thursday!  The odds are -- that it will rain on our match day Thursday!  Can you believe it?  In Ohio, yet!

We are still having our match but "under the roof!"  This way we can stay dry.

Five rainy day stages,  no lunch so bring your snacks,  water will be provided, and bring any personal protective equipment you might need.

It is written that nothing is better than plain ol' washing your hands frequently.  

We will be wearing masks and social distancing also.  

All the best,

Mo

Sorry Mo I'll be working on Thursday . We can't get any extra help at the golf course do to this virus . Nobody wants to work . I 'll be okay for Saturdays though . You guys have fun .

We hope to see you next month TJ.

It was a good match Thursday but we got a lot of rain!  I forget what dust looks like!

I hope next month is a little drier for us Ohio folks.

All the best, 

Mo

Howdy, pards.

I would like to thank everybody for coming out to Brookfield in the rain to participate in our first official Cowboy Action Match of the season “under the roof.”  We had fun even though we had to social distance, wear masks, and clean our hands all day.

Big thanks to limber LaPorte Lefty for keeping the water bottle launcher loaded all day!  Thanks, Lefty!

First place went to Cheatin’ Charlie; he shot the best out of everybody. Congratulations, Charlie!

Second place went to Krazy Thom and third place went to Laporte Lefty.  Congratulations to all our winners and contestants!

I would have shot better but the hard rain caused my bullets to drop!  :P

The good sportsmanship recognition goes to new shooter, Dan the Man.  He didn’t have an alias so we called him Dan the Man all day!

At the end of the day we learned that his name wasn’t even Dan! Oops!

Thank you for coming out to shoot and thank you all for helping us put things away after.

Our next match is Saturday June 13, 2020.  I hope we get some dry weather for a change!  I'm keeping my wrinkled up fingers  crossed!

We hope to see you there.

Visitors and spectators are always welcome but wear your safety glasses and hearing protectors.  Safety every time, that’s us!

Archived