SASS Wire Forum

Anybody use a scag zero turn?

I've got a 60" Dixie Chopper that has been ok for me. It's a very fast mower and that helps for what all I mow. I had to have the engine rebuilt about 500 hours in due to a backfire. Although I don't really NEED it, that scag cheetah looks really nice and is a lot more comfortable than my Dixie. The Dixie can cut at about 12mph ground speed. The scag has a possible 16mph ground speed. I cut a 7.5 acre spot in about an hour and a half if its not overgrown. But, I pay for it with a bit of soreness. Really just needing someone to talk me out of buying this other mower.:ph34r:

Buy some goats.:P

Textron bought Dixie and shut them down. Scag builds a number of good mschines.  The Cheetah is supposed to be one of their better ones. You should also consider Exmark and Ferris.  Gravely and Kubota make great mowers as well.  Get the unit with the suspension seat. The mechanical suspension is a great seat. The air suspension is more money  and the only real benefit to the air suspension is that it is easier and quicker to adjust. The ride is the same otherwise. 

21 minutes ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

Textron bought Dixie and shut them down. Scag builds a number of good mschines.  The Cheetah is supposed to be one of their better ones. You should also consider Exmark and Ferris.  Gravely and Kubota make great mowers as well.  Get the unit with the suspension seat. The mechanical suspension is a great seat. The air suspension is more money  and the only real benefit to the air suspension is that it is easier and quicker to adjust. The ride is the same otherwise. 

So much for my lifetime fork warranty. Guess what I bent the other day.

7 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I need an mmmm emoji.

TW,

Here you go!

2038473672_Salivating-Emoji-RESIZED.jpg.7722a2355274faf68e127cf30c6a4db1.jpg

8 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

So much for my lifetime fork warranty. Guess what I bent the other day.

Someone must have seen the error of their way. They are trying to resurrect it now. Good it in with all their other makes.

I have a Skag Patriot. I like it a lot -- built like a tank. I mow about 4 acres with it around the house, barn, workshop, garden, and orchard. I brush hog the rest of the property. It eats up the four acres without a hiccup. I would buy it again.

I have a Skag Cheetah like you said. Mine has the supension seat and is built like a tank. We cut about five acres with it here on the farm. I have had it about 8 years and never had any problem with it. I would not even consider another brand mower. I hope you buy  one, you won't be sorry

Archived